New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    On 9-11-2009, I sent Ryan a PM (Ryan, I hope you don't mind... you were very helpful btw, thank you.):

hi ryan,
    passed by volvo pasong tamo this afternoon. they were selling an '05 pre-owned V50 which I bought on-the-spot-without-thinking.

now that i'm back home and more relaxed, it got me thinking... are v50s ok?

thanks,
    softop

-----------------

Question: Are there any v50 owners in this thread? My v50 is still undergoing the volvo certification process. It will be ready for pickup by first week of September, good as new.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    The V50 is one of the most beautiful wagons ever made. Penned by Peter Horbury, a very influential designer in the auto industry.

A sample of Horbury's work: The FORD EDGE

Whats the mileage on the V50, Did you get a good price on it.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by softop View Post
    On 9-11-2009, I sent Ryan a PM (Ryan, I hope you don't mind... you were very helpful btw, thank you.):

hi ryan,
    passed by volvo pasong tamo this afternoon. they were selling an '05 pre-owned V50 which I bought on-the-spot-without-thinking.

now that i'm back home and more relaxed, it got me thinking... are v50s ok?

thanks,
    softop

-----------------

Question: Are there any v50 owners in this thread? My v50 is still undergoing the volvo certification process. It will be ready for pickup by first week of September, good as new.
    <edit> ^first week of october

*marg, I'd rather not post it here publicly but I think it was a good buy already considering that volvo cars, inc. will certify it as "certified pre-owned car". It would undergo a long process of checking and testing which parts need to be replaced inside, outside, under and of course everything under the hood... mechanical, electrical, the interior (big plus!) and yes, even the exterior paint. They replaced na nga pati wipers because it's part of the PMS na daw -FREE!.

A 6-month guarantee on top of the certification process is what I call an A-1, world class, numero-uno customer service! This is a 5-yr old euro car in which most "sira" and "pagluloko", supposedly, are expected to come out already... it definitely lessened my worries bro.

Odo is at 50k+ kms already.

Btw, upon browsing on Peter Horbury... wow, this guy is legendary! He was also involved in the design of Jaguar, Land Rover and Aston Martin pala.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008

The V50's center console was inspired by this Bang and Olufsen remote control.

The elegant 'floating' center console incorporates the iconic anthropo-centric 'little guy' aircon controls found in all newer Volvo cars.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    "Certified pre-owned units" are usually traded-in old models from owners to want to upgrade their rides to newer available models of the same brand.

The dealer usually will shoulder the cost of repair and the re-sold car has limited warranty.

Is the V50, ok? Here's some review:
    http://www.topgear.com/au/volvo/v50
    http://www.edmunds.com/volvo/v50/review.html

It is an estate. And you know people here... you either love it or hate it.

Generally, Pinoys are attracted to high-stance vehicles..mga SUV-lovers and tend to consider estates as mom's mobile.

Volvo V50 2005 model
    Last edited by Gerbo; September 21st, 2009 at 07:28 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post

The V50's center console was inspired by this Bang and Olufsen remote control.
    'yeah?!

You sure know a lot of stuff bro... it's really interesting to know where they got the "floating console" design from. Because behind that console, there's an open tray at the bottom where you could hide some stuff you ordinarily would NOT want other people to see.

It lessens the clutter...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    "Certified pre-owned units" are usually traded-in old models from owners to want to upgrade their rides to newer available models of the same brand.

The dealer usually will shoulder the cost of repair and the re-sold car has limited warranty.

Is the V50, ok? Here's some review:
    http://www.topgear.com/au/volvo/v50
    http://www.edmunds.com/volvo/v50/review.html

It is an estate. And you know people here... you either love it or hate it.

Generally, Pinoys are attracted to high-stance vehicles..mga SUV-lovers and tend to consider estates as mom's mobile.

Volvo V50 2005 model
    Thanks for the links bro. it sure added justice to my "what-have-I-done-this-time?" decision in acquiring this car...

It was out of frustration that nissan crvi could not tell me where I could get a receiver hitch for my Navara. I wanted to attach a THULE 4-bike rack behind my truck with it. Then... ayun! Beside CRVI in P.Tamo is Volvo Philippines. There was a red V50 parked in front... "parang pwede yata sa bike ko to 'a?" ...

To cut the long story short, I got the car not knowing if it was a good car or not. I dropped by Volvo the following week and the manager explained everything to me in detail the things that were to be done to my car. Convincing naman explanation nya. I asked him to put it in writing.

It might be worth mentioning here also that my wife liked it specially its spacious interior.

If the wife is happy, I am happy!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008

I specially like the V50's futuristic and ***y rear butt.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Would anyone here know the wheel bolt pattern of the v50? Thanks!

Marg? Gerbo?

I was told that the bolt pattern of the Ford Focus and the Volvo V50 are the same. My guy in volvo could not confirm this... ang hina

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    4 x108...which makes your mag options quite limited.

http://forums.focaljet.com/tire-rack...t-pattern.html

I also suggest you check this out. http://volvoforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
certified pre-owned v50