New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Hi guys. My name is Mike. Im a Volvo Master Technician in one of the Volvo dealerships in California. I just wanted to create a thread so if any of you have questions, ill be glad to answer them. Also ill be in the PI in a few months and i'm thinking of opening a Volvo parts store.

Thanks!
    -Mike

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    that's great update us here regarding this
    thanks

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Excellent!!! I'm planning to buy a second-hand 850 GLT myself as a daily driver, shuttling to the office and dropping off the kid to pre-school. Will be looking forward to this!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevolvotech View Post
    Hi guys. My name is Mike. Im a Volvo Master Technician in one of the Volvo dealerships in California. I just wanted to create a thread so if any of you have questions, ill be glad to answer them. Also ill be in the PI in a few months and i'm thinking of opening a Volvo parts store.

Thanks!
    -Mike
    hi i would just like to ask if you know what kind of turbo an XC90 2.5T has? I'm just wondering if I can replace the stock turbo with aftermarket turbo brands as the replacement turbo from the volvo dealership here in manila is too pricey... thanks!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevolvotech View Post

Thanks!
    -Mike

Hi mike, i would just like to ask a question about my 97 volvo S40 1.8 manual.
    every time the engine temp already reaches the normal operating temp, the engine starts to act alittle wierd, the engine vibrates a lot and i think 2 cylinder is not firing because i can smell the fuel at the exhaust, and there is no power at 1k-3k rpm, i hope you can help me, thanks!

i just change to a new iridium spark plugs but it is still behaving that way.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    every time the engine temp already reaches the normal operating temp, the engine starts to act alittle wierd, the engine vibrates a lot and i think 2 cylinder is not firing because i can smell the fuel at the exhaust, and there is no power at 1k-3k rpm, i hope you can help me, thanks!

i just change to a new iridium spark plugs but it is still behaving that way.
    check the spark plugs again, i had my spark plugs changed for 3times in 2months then til now we're still observing it

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rash40 View Post
    check the spark plugs again, i had my spark plugs changed for 3times in 2months then til now we're still observing it

but when i tried the new iridium spark plugs in my brothers car, it run perfectly

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    Your throttle could be dirty. Have it cleaned by mechanic....or you can do it yourself. Just google Volvo dirty throttle.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    Your throttle could be dirty. Have it cleaned by mechanic....or you can do it yourself. Just google Volvo dirty throttle.

but why does it smell gas in the exhaust??

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Hmmm. No reply from TS mikevolvotech for more than 2 months now. I hope he's just busy kasi tips or advice from a Certified Volvo Techinician would indeed be very helpful.

I read in this forum that S40 is problematic. I was adviced some time back that the best volvo to own is the 850, T5 if you can find one, because parts are cheaper and more readily available. Parts of most other models kasi indent so unless the volvo is your coding car, you'll be finding yourslef without wheels for months at a time while waiting for parts to arrive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Ask your Volvo tech questions here!