New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Guys, just like to ask, what can you say about Volkswagen cars? .. from early to late model beetles, from the new models beetles, and to the vw sedans and 4x4, suv,auv and so on.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The 1st gen beetle was, and still is, one heckuva car. I had the please of driving one several times when I was younger. The final production of the original beetle was stopped only in 2003 (in Mexico) after 65 amazing years after it's public launch in then Nazi Germany. It was the 21,529,464 (or is it 21,529,436?) original beetle.

As for the VW Golf, aside from the Beetle, it has been the "steadiest" among the VW car line and is the best seller among VW's line of vehicles. As of 2003, 22+ million units have been sold worldwide. If you have the time to research in this car, you'd find that the Golf was the car that made the mass-market accept the hatch-back design. This car also created the concept of the hot-hatch. I like the Golf I. The Golf is now on it's sixth variant.

I also had the chance to drive a Combi. You know...that van of VW? Ha ha! Me and my college buddies had fun on that vehicle, even though there was no A/C.

But the best VW car for me, as far as my taste goes, is the VW Karmann Ghia. Believe it or not, I also had the chance to drive that car. I love it!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi nicolodeon, wow! nice, never thought there would be also some vw fanatics here.. hehehehe.. anyway yeah ive already heard about the news VW Golf have already over run the production of vw beetles.

Ive been a vw fanatics since i was a kid. and same as you, i was able to drive the kombi an,as well as the VW Karmann Ghia, if happen to know the closeup commercial (the cool & sweet) that was karmann ghia. owned by a good friend of mine.

Right now my ride is a vw beetle 1967.

by the way thanks for posting your experience. Cool! thanks dude.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Starting 1974 (or was it earlier), all Beetles were manufactured in Brazil...

It's reliable (if it ain't broke), crude, easy to maintain, noisy, not so warm even without aircon (try that on a modern sedan)...

It is a good thing my Dad held on to his 69 1500, and has agreed that I will take it on as a project when I get the money.

http://www.clifford.com.ph/vwproj.html
    Last edited by the_wildthing; June 24th, 2005 at 06:30 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Moving to Car Talk forum...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Starting 1974 (or was it earlier), all Beetles were manufactured in Brazil...

It's reliable (if it ain't broke), crude, easy to maintain, noisy, not so warm even without aircon (try that on a modern sedan)...

It is a good thing my Dad held on to his 69 1500, and has agreed that I will take it on as a project when I get the money.

http://www.clifford.com.ph/vwproj.html

so when are you planning to restore? i maybe could be help on shelling out for rare spareparts you need.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Haha pera muna. Baka late this year wheels, brakes, steering and suspension... or Jan 2006... Thanks for the offer. I'll keep that in mind.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my first car was a VW 1302 1972 1600 cc beetle. had modified everything, from the suspension to the roof, the engine up to the sound system. too bad i just had to sell it so i can use the money for my wedding.... served me well, pinanlulusong ko pa sa baha yun sa espana before ng walang takot....

but now, it seems VWs are getting to be a little bit unreliable, except perhaps to the Tuareg, the Caravelle and the new Golf...

and yes, they are a little bit pricey for their features.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    but now, it seems VWs are getting to be a little bit unreliable, except perhaps to the Tuareg, the Caravelle and the new Golf...
    Ahh yes..the Golf GTI

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    VW's are very reliable and super tibay talaga.... my dad's first car was a '72 VW beetle (german made)... when he got his corona in the early 80's, hindi nya binenta 'til 1987 when it was officially handed down to me... naihulog ko nga yun in a 10 ft muddy ditch, landed about 75 degrees sideways.. when it was pulled out by a truck, ni wala man lang nasira o nayupi. ni hindi nga nalaman ng father ko na nailaglag ko yun kasi walang evidence man lang ng aksidente sa car... winashing ko lang ayos na..

sad thing lang is, i had to sell the car nung 1995 kasi wala ng space sa garahe.. if only i could find that car now...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Volkswagen Cars