New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Any of you guys can recommend a hotel with very good in-house restaurants within MM? I've read some online reviews but none fits the balance I'm looking for.

I know a lot of 5 star hotels around the metropolis but are their restaurants rank any good?

I'm bringing in my family for a couple of days and I just want to stay in the hotel and enjoy whatever they can offer. I'm expecting one with very good reputation and I do expect my budget to be steep.

Here's my list so far:
    1. Shangrila - Makati or Ortigas
    2. Manila Mandarin - Makati
    3. Intercontinental - Makati
    4. Manila Hotel - Manila
    5. Diamond Hotel - Manila

I do appreciate your inputs sirs/ma'ams

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.legendvillas.com.ph/ Dito, hindi madugo ang price. Across the street yung robinsons mall. Better kung may relative ka sa manila na mag re-reserve, para ma avail if may promo sila.
    http://www.legendvillas.com.ph/accom...villasuite.php, ok din ito. HTH

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks Sequoia.

Though the facility is nice and all, my entourage prefers one that has a commanding view of MM. Also, there is only one restaurant in the facility which would be very limiting to my family's varying palate.

We are Vegas junkies and we are used to stay in only one hotel at a time(where everything can be found in one place-shopping, dinning, gambling, etc.).

I'll keep your suggestion in tab though.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have you considered Robinson's Galleria?

There are two hotels there:
    -Holiday Inn
    -Crown Plaza

The advantage of this location is the variety of restaurants in the hotels and malls and other facilities of the mall itself.

And you have the view of the city as well.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 25th, 2009 at 09:30 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    You might want to consider Sofitel?

Manila Peninsula has good in-house restaurants (Old Manila and Mi Piace).

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Makati Shangri-La. Right in the Makati CBD.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    There are two hotels there:
    -Holiday Inn
    -Crown Plaza
    Thanks GH.

Holiday Inn...ummm??? Pass. I'm sure it may have a good rep in RP but it has a cheesy reputation as far as Int'l hotel chains are concerned.

Crowne Plaza belongs to the Holiday Inn chain as well. Is it new? Never heard any complaints about this hotel from anyone so I guess this is worth checking out. Got any idea if their in-house restaurants are any better than those around the area?

Any links?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Where is this located? I've heard about this hotel before but don't have any real stories to make me be their future guest.

Have you tried this hotel? Any insights you want to share about Sofitel?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Makati Shangri-La. Right in the Makati CBD.
    I've been here before. Very nice hotel indeed. I love to hang out at the Conway's bar everynight just to absorb the cozy ambiance. Also, the japanese resto is very much worth every cent. I forgot the name though.

Did the hotel reformat?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Although the hotel and restaurants are good... the hotel is kinda isolated and difficult for tourist to get to places of interests (example: shopping) without having to hire a taxi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Best Hotel+Restaurant combo in MM?