New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Has anyone tried online hotel booking sites? Is it safe?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    look for a picture saying "Norton Secured-powered by VeriSign"

click the link and it will show a report.

Sites are validated that way in the US and Europe. Not sure about other Regions

This I tried 3 years ago. Its still has the Verisign Seal at the bottom of the page.

cheaptickets.com
    Last edited by StockEngine; November 7th, 2014 at 02:57 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    I only had experience with agoda.com for booking hotels when we went to hong kong and vietnam. No hassle with it and by far the cheapest compared to others a year ago, and booking was easy. Just print the reciept, show that to the front desk and the room is ready for you.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    agoda.com is ok, my friend has lots of redeemable points in her account there.

Site check report for *.agoda.com (Agoda Company Pte. Ltd.)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    All of them are legit sites. Safe lahat yan.

Agoda is more convenient though, both on a customer and a merchant perspective hehe. Alaga ka nila.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We've tried both agoda and booking.com. mas mura sa booking.com. both are safe naman to use your credit card on.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Tried booking.com last international trip. Ayus naman! Hindi naman napahamak credit card ko hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I can vouch for booking.com and agoda. Used both a lot. No problems with either site.

With Agoda, my wife once booked a hotel in Thailand that is really far from the city. Only found out when we arrived at the hotel. Not Agoda's fault since they did have a map. It was our first time there and did not know that the hotel is really far. Upon arriving in the hotel, we asked the front desk if we can cut our stay to 1 night instead of 3. They told us to call Agoda and check with them since it was prepaid. She called Agoda, they agreed to cut it to one night and moved us to another hotel in the city center. Just had to pay a small difference between our prepaid hotel room and the new hotel rate.

With booking.com, you can choose to pay upon booking (cheaper option) or choose a booking that can be cancelled. If you choose the latter, you will need to provide a credit card but they wont charge it. Have done it a lot of times with no problem. Except once I had the experience of cancelling a booking. They confirmed it was cancelled. The hotel had a screw up. The hotel charged me one night for no show. Called the hotel and they denied charging my card. Emailed booking.com about the problem. Also called my card and disputed the charge. After a few emails, booking.com had the hotel (holiday inn zurich) refund my card of the wrong charge.

For pricing, just compare the 2 for whoever is cheaper. If you are not comfortable with either one, you can always use travelocity or expedia. No experience with hotels.com

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Have used Booking and Expedia in previous trips and have booked a couple more for December. Safe and cheaper than booking directly with the hotel. Best of all, Booking accepts reservation without credit card information (in some states). If you want to try hop on-hop off tours, try Viator.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    have tried agoda.com.. ok naman..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Feedback on Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia.com