New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I was at Tagaytay last week and the weather wasn't that great, there was quite a lot of fog since lunch time although nawawala wala from time to time during the afternoon.

We were supposed to stay until evening pero decided to go home before sunset since I haven't experienced driving there on a foggy night.

Nung pabalik na kami ng around 4:30 to 5 medyo di na OK yung visibility, although maliwanag pa naman and there were cars in front so madali lang naman sundan.

How bad does it get in terms of driveability especially at night? Kaya bang makauwi to Manila dun kahit foggy pag gabi? Napansin ko kasi wala ganong lights if dun sa Sta Rosa road pababa dadaan, kaya nag-alangan talaga ako magstay.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    I was at Tagaytay last week and the weather wasn't that great, there was quite a lot of fog since lunch time although nawawala wala from time to time during the afternoon.

We were supposed to stay until evening pero decided to go home before sunset since I haven't experienced driving there on a foggy night.

Nung pabalik na kami ng around 4:30 to 5 medyo di na OK yung visibility, although maliwanag pa naman and there were cars in front so madali lang naman sundan.

How bad does it get in terms of driveability especially at night? Kaya bang makauwi to Manila dun kahit foggy pag gabi? Napansin ko kasi wala ganong lights if dun sa Sta Rosa road pababa dadaan, kaya nag-alangan talaga ako magstay.
    Drove once back in 2002, early February attended a wedding reception somewhere in Nasugbu, then drove home. Started traveling at 11:30 pm using the Aguinaldo Hi-Way then before Robinson's made a right turn towards SLEX. Yes visibility is very low, but you just have to be keen and keep your senses up while driving.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post

If you're using the tagaytay-sta rosa route, it is relatively drivable since the road isn't that fast due to the high number of vehicles using that road day and night. plus the fog is only a problem for the first 3 km of the route.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Nope, di pa naman. Latest ko na umalis sa tagaytay is *6pm. And visibility is still okay.

Siguro at night there are still a number of cars passing by, wont be that hard to follow them. All you need is good reflexes, good senses, and a good eye vision.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ang worst experience ko naman sa tagaytay is I drove there during a storm signal no.3 nakalimutan ko lang kung anong name nung bagyo but I think it was 2-3 years ago...

at 12 noon wala kang makita kundi yung nasa harapan ko lang na sasakyan...

imagine that you can touch the clouds when you open your car windows tapos sobrang lakas ng hangin na ang pakiramdam mo is parang umuusad na kusa yung sasakyan pa sideways

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    When one experiences fog (especially in Tagaytay) .. the best solution is to turn on your headlights and or foglights, activate your warning flashers (hazard lamps) ... then drive slowly. You can beep your horn every once in awhile to signal your passing to unwary pedestrians.

Another tip is the road "cat-eye" ... did you ever notice those cat-eye's lined in the middle and on both sides of the road? Those are really helpful in guiding you WHERE THE ROAD IS .. in really super dense fog.

They can be found along the Sta.Rosa/Silang/Tagaytay highway, and along the Tagaytay ridge road.

My wife and I go up to Tagaytay almost every other weekend (we like it there) .. to relax and detoxify. So in terms of scenarios like these, I think I've seen them all.

Safe driving ..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

One dangerous road to drive during Tagaytay's foggy moments is the road downhill going to Talisay/Laurel, Batangas, going to STAR...

11.7K:samurai:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    madalas din ako sa Tagaytay, especially ganitong season, I like COLD weather. walang problema sa "foggyness" ng roads. it's not like yun wala ka ng makita or something.

one time lang ako naka experience ng zero visibility, coming out of highland, biglang kumapal ang fog, pero sandali lang naman parang dumaan lang, usually ganun naman sa Tagaytay, dumadaan lang yun fog, hinde nag stay ng matagal talaga.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    One dangerous road to drive during Tagaytay's foggy moments is the road downhill going to Talisay/Laurel, Batangas, going to STAR...

11.7K:samurai:
    Naku badtrip ako sa daan na ito, dumaan ako dyan wala nga fog ang hirap na what more kung may fog pa.. Nangamoy nga preno ko after passing that route tsk tsk

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Worst is in cold weather at around 2-3 am, around the Tagaytay-Nasugbu portion.

Back before Robinson's opened up, and back before a lot of Golf clubs and inns opened along the route, that part was treacherous at night. Almost no visibility. The parts closer to Nasugbu might still be, but it's no longer the middle of nowhere.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Foggy days at Tagaytay