New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Your insights on how the X-mas holidays has changed (or not changed) for the past 10-20 years.

What you learned to live without and what cant you live without the holidays.

Reunions -> what does it mean to you

and lastly

How are you making it a better one each year for the kids despite the high gas prices and the skyrocketing food cost.

No Bilge please.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Pansin ko parang konting Christmas Light sa Makati lalo na sa Buendia
    Ganon rin sa Taft, Roxas Blvd and Espana Di tulad ng dati maliwanag at masaya

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    Your insights on how the X-mas holidays has changed (or not changed) for the past 10-20 years.

What you learned to live without and what cant you live without the holidays.

Reunions -> what does it mean to you

and lastly

How are you making it a better one each year for the kids despite the high gas prices and the skyrocketing food cost.

No Bilge please.
    we do spend when it's Christmas --that i think is constant--no matter how tight our budget is, we set aside some amount for the noche buena, gifts, and oh, well the Christmas lights!!!

i can't live without completing the nine mornings!!! i don't rush to the malls to shop in December...i do it mid January na, if there were windfalls during the season...

reunion---i have no parents na...i spend the season with friends...it's the season of the year when i could reconnect with my best buds who are similarly situated...

as for the kids: i have nothing but happy recollections of my Christmasses in my childhood...the province isn't materialistic, biko (sticky rice) with native hot chocolate and mango would do after every misa de gallo...makapanood lang ako ng mga maraming isda sa fish pond ng plaza noon, ok na...new clothes would make me happy, but i never asked my parents to buy me one...

as a kid, i was always told that if i like something which is already outside of the need category, i have to work and save for it....i thought that if i force them to buy me something, it would lead them to steal, and they would be jailed...

this time of the year is also the opportune time to bond with the kids...baking lessons for them would do...that is if any of the parents knows how to bake.... or any group activity for that matter...involve them in the house...

LASTLY,

NATATAWA AKO NITO::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    [SIZE=6]No Bilge please[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]MERRY CHRISTMAS!!![/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    well nakakamiss ng ang christmass pag naiisip ko noong bata pa ako, almost 40yrs ago, naalala ko pa pagpunta ko sa bahay ng lolo at lola ko ay saya saya,

Christmas/NY Season 2008: Do you still feel the Nostalgia?