New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hi! i have an old BMW 316i. It was parked in the garage the day Ondoy hit manila. Water got inside, about 5 inches high. After the flood, we dried the car and then days after, my dad tried moving it sa garage and it worked naman. Now, around 5 days after, gagamitin ko dapat yung car pero ayaw gumana yung kambyo. Our mechanic friend mentioned something about transmission and clutch plate but i dont really know what i'm supposed to do about those parts. kindly orient me naman po. around how much will it cost ba po? thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tisya34 View Post
    Hi! i have an old BMW 316i. It was parked in the garage the day Ondoy hit manila. Water got inside, about 5 inches high. After the flood, we dried the car and then days after, my dad tried moving it sa garage and it worked naman. Now, around 5 days after, gagamitin ko dapat yung car pero ayaw gumana yung kambyo. Our mechanic friend mentioned something about transmission and clutch plate but i dont really know what i'm supposed to do about those parts. kindly orient me naman po. around how much will it cost ba po? thanks

Water could have contaminated the hydraulic fluid or the tranny oil. BMW 3 series uses a hydraulic system to activate the clutch (if you have a manual) or water could have entered into the tranny itself (if you have an automatic).

Have the fluid checked or replaced.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 1st, 2009 at 10:26 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="4"]You can try checking this thread:

NEED ADVISE: Vehicle/Engine submerged in flood water [MERGED]

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63374
    [/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tisya34 View Post
    change gear oil since nalubog din yang bmw mo.

clutch problems after Ondoy