New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hi guys, I'm given a budget of $23k (approx P1.3m) for an sedan/auv and I'll probably be buying on January 2006 pa. Main issue ko right now is the fuel consumption. I've checked out the C! magazine but magulo konte. Any suggestions? Puro city driving ako. I'm also not sure if I want an AUV. I'm a tall person and I'm driving a Corolla now and if I want to drive comfortably, inaatras ko ang seat ko to the point na sobrang wala nang space sa likod. But then again masikip naman talaga ang Corolla to begin with.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by si_randy
    Hi guys, I'm given a budget of $23k (approx P1.3m) for an sedan/auv and I'll probably be buying on January 2006 pa. Main issue ko right now is the fuel consumption. I've checked out the C! magazine but magulo konte. Any suggestions? Puro city driving ako. I'm also not sure if I want an AUV. I'm a tall person and I'm driving a Corolla now and if I want to drive comfortably, inaatras ko ang seat ko to the point na sobrang wala nang space sa likod. But then again masikip naman talaga ang Corolla to begin with.

Thanks!

'05 x-trail

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    afaik the Crosswind has the most km/ltr..not sure

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AUV: it could be the Crosswind.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It may not be an AUV but the Honda Jazz can accomodate 6ft+ people at the driver seat and still leave space for the person behind (this is given your fuel economy and automatic tranny concerns). Pwede din sana Hyundai Matrix CRDi but there's no a/t version... and they're all well below the 1M mark.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    I've read the alterra could do 23km/li...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    crosswind xto

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Crosswind or Alterra if you're after fuel economy.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Sir Randy, Crosswind XUVi has the highest fuel economy for 2.5L Turbo Diesel non-CRDI (Common Rail Direct Injection) Engine vehicle here in the Philippines. The top of the line is well within your budget, its around P1.1M. Its fuel efficiency is rated at 16-19 km/l highway driving.

Alterra has the one of the highest fuel economy for 3.0L Intercooler Turbo Diesel CRDI engine in the Philippines today. Its fuel efficiency is rated at 23km/l highway. For Metro Manila driving condition, it will probably achieve around 10-14 km /l. One owner was able to get nearly 12 km/l on 80% highway and 20% urban area driving with 3 persons onboard at 120-160kph. Unfortunately, the top of the line at P1.48M is slightly above your budget.

You might also want to consider the Isuzu DMAX pickup. It also has 3.0L Intercooler Turbo Diesel CRDI engine with comparable fuel efficiency as the Alterra. It is the top selling pickup in the country since it was launched in 2003-2004.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just be sure you can stand the ride in the back of the Crosswind if you go for it... an Innova may be better in terms of ride... but for sheer economy, the Crosswind is it.

At 1.3 million, I'd say Fortuner, but that's if you're okay with getting the car by 2006... :lol:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
A/T AUV with Greatest Km/Liter