New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Lets share infos in this thread. I have this problem in my 2006 Honda City. It's jerking when the speed is below 30kph-40kph

When i let go of the gas pedal between these speeds, the rpm will suddenly drop to almost 0rpm! Nanginginig nga ang makina eh. It's like parang manual na nakukulangan ng gas at parang namamatay.

Isa pang problema ko is when you release the gas pedal at any speed, ang bilis mag decelerate parang naka engine brake although the rpm stays at 1k. And i can hear a whistling noise.

22k pa ang mileage ko. Never pa na replace ang CVT-F

what should i do mga pare? Replace muna CVT-F? I've tried resetting the CVT. I did the reset procedures but still no avail.

Sino pa ba dito nagkakaproblema sa kanilang CVT? Hindi ganito transmission ko dati. Ngayong lang lumabas ang mga anomalya.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    What makes you think it's the transmission? Check if you have stuck calipers that are grabbing on the discs. The whistling noise can mean a very high pitched sound related to metal friction. See if you can do this on an isolated road and have somebody follow you safely see if you can replicate the noise, from outside the car your friend can possibly point to a more specific spot.

The reason I said it's not the CVT is because when you release the pedal the RPM drops to 1000, if it's engine braking via the transmission then the RPM should be high up. See if you can also do another test but this time shift the transmission lever to neutral (N) and coast to a stop. Does it feel like something is dragging it to a halt? Do not reengage the shift lever until you're at a full stop to be safe.

Do the symptoms appear above 40kph too? A final test to isolate the brakes is to check if the wheels are hot after a brief drive. At most they should be mildly warm if the brakes are working good. Any wheel that's really hot after a short, leisurely drive will indicate grabbing brakes.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *mbiege

pasenxa hehe medyo naguluhan ata kayo sa post ko. it drops to nearly 0. it means the needle is just above na 0 mark. and yeah, ive tried to shift into neutral countless times. i do it everytime when i want to "menor" kasi if you just release the gas pedal, in just about 5 seconds lets say you are doing 50-60kph. in just 5 or less than 5 seconds, your speed will go down to 20. and when it reaches that speed, you can feel a jerk. its like the tranmission just went neutral and the speed will not go down anymore less than 15kph.

another problem ism when you are travelling at 20-30kph, then release the pedal, the needle will jerk from 1100rpm to almost stalling the engine. meaning manginig siya.

and when from any speed to a complete stop, the needle drops down again to almost zero rpm. there is an instance when the engine made a "CLUG!!!" sound. mga 3 times na ata while doing a complete stop. the sound came in front.

its a whistling sound. not a high pitched sound. so definitely not the brakes

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    and yeah what i meant about the "engine braking" feel is that the car actually slows faster that usual. its like having short gears. despite the rpm not rising, the car slows faster than usual. it should coast to almost a complete stop smoothly. but mine does not, it drops to 20kph very quickly then you can just feel the car stabilize at 15kph.

im gonna take a video and post it here

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    up lang hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Has the casa checked it already? Seems like you are still within the warranty period.

Does that happen also when you switch to the manual mode?

bigbigcar.com Review: Mercedes-Benz C200 Kompressor Avantgarde

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *mazda

wala ko pa napachek sa CASA. siguro in a week. im so busy pa kasi. in manual mode, normal ang feeling. i had the battery removed a lot of times already. siguro kailangan talaga ito mapa recalibrate. ive tried the recalibration procedures dito pero yun parin. walang epek.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    eto video. just watch the rpms. when the rpm drops, you will feel the jerk. the drop happens when i come to a complete stop OR when releasing the gas pedal in 40-20kph range

http://www.youtube.com/v/6rghZQZm5NQ

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    anyone else?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Looks like it's a unique case. If I were you just take it to your dealer, I watched the video but didn't have any sound so I couldn't tell what was going on with the engine. I could see the RPM fluctuate from near zero to above 1000 then back down again as it crawls to a halt.

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
Honda Jazz/City CVT Problems. Anyone?