New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    North to South Alternative via Metro Manila?

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...d-q1-2020.html

watch in 2x speed

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    6 years after then PNoy led the GB of SS3...the main carriageway is finally [technically] interconnected from Section 1 (Buendia) to 5 (NLEx Balintawak ramps] today, 23 Sept 2020.

A partial opening from Section 4 (Sgt Rivera) to Section 5 is highly possible within the year kasi 1 span nalang bubuhusan (Cherrylume Curve, meh roadeck na lahat yung segment na yun. Baka nga buhos na ito ngayon kasi parang 2-3 weeks ago pa natapos girder launching).

Complete main carriageway: looks iffy pero kung hahapitin ang slabworks and deck pouring...mukang kaya.

Most likely eh 1x1 no asphalt to pag nagkataon, mabuksan lang to "meet" DPWH's Dec target.

PJ

3. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    6 years after then PNoy led the GB of SS3...the main carriageway is finally [technically] interconnected from Section 1 (Buendia) to 5 (NLEx Balintawak ramps] today, 23 Sept 2020.

A partial opening from Section 4 (Sgt Rivera) to Section 5 is highly possible within the year kasi 1 span nalang bubuhusan (Cherrylume Curve, meh roadeck na lahat yung segment na yun. Baka nga buhos na ito ngayon kasi parang 2-3 weeks ago pa natapos girder launching).

Complete main carriageway: looks iffy pero kung hahapitin ang slabworks and deck pouring...mukang kaya.

Most likely eh 1x1 no asphalt to pag nagkataon, mabuksan lang to "meet" DPWH's Dec target.

PJ
    Araw-araw ko rin binabantayan to sa SSC pati yung ibang major projects. Kung di lang nasunog yung segment sa Pandacan, na-allot sana yung effort para sa ibang gawain. Pero mukhang doable nga na 1x1 this year. Yung NLEX Harbor Link nahapit rin nila eh.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Araw-araw ko rin binabantayan to sa SSC pati yung ibang major projects. Kung di lang nasunog yung segment sa Pandacan, na-allot sana yung effort para sa ibang gawain. Pero mukhang doable nga na 1x1 this year. Yung NLEX Harbor Link nahapit rin nila eh.
    Yung nasunug sa Pandacan honestly parang sinunug talaga lang para may rason why delayed ang completion.

Before nasunug yun, target turnover was end of 2Q 2020 sa alala ko. Just looking at that timetable, kung kaya talaga, dapat other areas tapos na, yung pandacan segment lang ang nakabitin na pending.

Pero anyway, something that can't be proven, but just is very suspicious from a construction timetable perspective. Sa Gantt chart pa lang nila alam na kasi nila na bitin sila sigurado dahil wala pa materials on location sa other segments din. So yung concrete pouring mismo hindi magawa dahil wala pa yung ilalim.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Yung nasunug sa Pandacan honestly parang sinunug talaga lang para may rason why delayed ang completion.

why'd they do it?
    is there a penalty for tardiness?
    is the penalty larger than the additional cost of repair?

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    why'd they do it?
    is there a penalty for tardiness?
    is the penalty larger than the additional cost of repair?
    Here was the commitment of Ramon Ang about completing it on April 2020
    SMC eyes opening of Skyway 3 by April 22 - Manila Standard

DPWH and PPP Center already list the completion by December 2020 though, and even they updated already the projections after Pandacan fire.

DPWH Specicially list stage 3 at 88.xx% complete, excluding the pandacan section (section 2a)
    https://www.dpwh.gov.ph/dpwh/PPP/projs/MMSS-3

Judging by this, original commitment of turnover pala was 2019, not 2020
    DPWH/TRB – Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3 – Philippines - Project Profile

I am pretty sure they prepared a bid bond or performance bond with commitment to complete the project by X date. How much that is, I can't remember if it was ever reported but that is normally the case for vital infra projects. If you fail to deliver on the said date, you forfeit the bond and still need to deliver the product. But I can't find any bid documentation online. hehe! But I might be wrong in what I recall and mixed up which projects have bonds and which don't.

The announcement was only for awarding to Citra to start Stage 3 in 2014.

EDIT:
    I had to reread to make sure I didn't miss anything
    So Skyway Stage 3 is under Citra Central Expressway Corp
    "Aside from SMC, other shareholders of Citra Central Expressway include Citra Lamtoro Gung Persada and the state-run Philippine National Construction Corp. (PNCC)." excerpt from here.
    SMC unit expects TRB okay for P27-B connector road | Philstar.com

But the contractor is not SMC, but DMCI.
    DMCI bags Skyway Stage 3 contract | ABS-CBN News

So when it comes to bonds, yes there is, between DMCI and Citra, most likely. As with any consutruction project, the client will expect a fixed delivery date/timetable. Beyond that, the contract will more likely than not stipulate liquidated damages in the amount of a standard one tenth of one percent for each day of delay.

That seems small in retrospect, but the total project cost is originally at 27 Billion. That's around 27million php penalty for every day of delay to whatever contract between DMCI and Citra is. Now though, if we just refer to DPWH, the project cost has ballooned to 44.86billion php.
    https://www.dpwh.gov.ph/dpwh/PPP/projs/MMSS-3

If the value of liquidated damages is different, I still expect there to be liquidated damages regardless for these types of contract as ROI is important for companies, especially since this PPP has a fixed 30 year term and after 30 years, it turnsover to the government.

EDIT 2:
    I also stand corrected, the more original turnover date was in April of 2017
    https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/2...held-tomorrow/

EDIT 3:
    Updated Info of my calculations for Liquidated Damages. I again stand corrected on what scope DMCI is only incharge of Buendia to Aurora Blvd. Aurora Blvd to Balintawak is under EEI.

DMCI's scope, per the documentation from PPP is worth 17B of the 27B.
    https://ppp.gov.ph/in_the_news/consu...way-contracts/

But that still means if at one tenth of one percent, the LD would be 1.7m php per day of delay still. Again, a guess at this point, but it is impossible that CITRA never required L.D. to be part of their contracts with DMCI and EEI.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    personally,
    i see no logic in performance bond regarding portions of the entire project,
    because even if a portion is not on schedule, the entire project is sub-useable.

to me,
    the more logical performance bond is for the entire project's completion, e.g., use-ability in its entirety.

but then,
    i'm just a user.
    i see things at my level.

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    personally,
    i see no logic in performance bond regarding portions of the entire project,
    because even if a portion is not on schedule, the entire project is sub-useable.

to me,
    the more logical performance bond is for the entire project's completion, e.g., use-ability in its entirety.

but then,
    i'm just a user.
    i see things at my level.
    I'd have to stand corrected on the term I used. Instead of performance bond (I thought we were talking about Citra (as developer and contractor only) and government, so 2 entities only). It should be Liquidated Damages (LD)

Based on what I found and updated/edited in my post, Citra commissioned DMCI for +/- 60% of the stretch/scope of Stage 3, with the original estimated worth of 17B. The other section went to EEI which was projected to be worth the remaining +/-10B.

So instead of PB, it should be LD being claimed against DMCI by Citra for delays in completion of the project. EEI should also technically have it's fare share of LD already since the target completion has moved numerous times already.

I'm not sure which deadline will apply, the 2017 original statement from the official gazette, or the 2019 December as previously mentioned by DPWH/TRB that I found on marketresearch website.

For this year, it has moved from April 2020, to July 2020 and currently, with DOTr latest now at December 2020 (but this deadline did not mention how they treated Pandancan Section 2A in this new deadline).

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    With the main carriageway completed, SS3 seems 99.99999% will be ready [whether soft / partial / full] by December 2020, different exits next year / Q1 2021.

Based from Dim's October 2020 update, Plaza Azul - NLEx v.v. looks 99.99999% to be a 2x2 carriageway..speed limit ala NAIAx 60kph as well? Abangan...

...but look at those uber kitid exits...di kaya sabit bus / Class 2 diyan?

===

dmitrivalencia

The Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3 is almost ready for a December opening if we are talking about the main line. As for the ramps probably more months to go if you ask my personal opinion. Hand in hand with Government and Private sector, we have an elevated bypass road that will skip the busy narrow thoroughfare along Metro Manila while travelling from south to the north corridor.

As we enter the fourth quarter of the year. The Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3 main line is technically connected as girders have been installed and restored on all the gaps between the missing spans along the main line. We have documented some of the installations and I have included those footage on this October 2020 update. As the update coverage we are doing is getting less, it means the project is about to be complete! These past few months has been nostalgic for me as after years of following this project, finally it will be usable to all. Together let us witness the last stages of developments on this project.

Special thanks to:
    SMC Infrastructure
    Sec Mark Villar - DPWH
    Asec Anna Mae Yu Lamentillo

Collaborative works with:
    Mr Mike Ajero
    Engr Alliswell
    Engr Ecijano

10. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    With the main carriageway completed, SS3 seems 99.99999% will be ready [whether soft / partial / full] by December 2020, different exits next year / Q1 2021.

Based from Dim's October 2020 update, Plaza Azul - NLEx v.v. looks 99.99999% to be a 2x2 carriageway..speed limit ala NAIAx 60kph as well? Abangan...

...but look at those uber kitid exits...di kaya sabit bus / Class 2 diyan?

===

dmitrivalencia

Kayo rin po ba si absinthe sa SSC?

BTT:
    Swerte ni boss Dim may early access na sa Skyway. Kainggit. Hehe.

Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast