New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    http://beta.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleid=413221

When I first read about this in BG's column in the Philippine Star, I thought every holder of a driver's license will be required to re-take the exam upon renewal. Now it seems only the professional dirver license holders are the ones required to re-take the exam upon renewing their license. Comments?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I would agree that professional license holders should retake exams every renewal, they should also be more responsible because the riding public entrust the drivers to bring them to and from their destinations (although I think a lot of tsikot members here are prof holders, but they don't drive as their profession)....I think the new measure is good but I also expect a lot of protest to this motion...I hope if this will push through it would be strictly implemented with no "lagays" just to renew or get the application approved.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i think this is good... for the continuing education of our drivers... pero sana, honest to goodness na exam.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    I would agree that professional license holders should retake exams every renewal, they should also be more responsible because the riding public entrust the drivers to bring them to and from their destinations (although I think a lot of tsikot members here are prof holders, but they don't drive as their profession)....I think the new measure is good but I also expect a lot of protest to this motion...I hope if this will push through it would be strictly implemented with no "lagays" just to renew or get the application approved.

Same here. Sadly, every new action by the LTO is subject to speculation, because of our past experiences with the institution....

7000:diver:

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    LTO should qualify who among the PDL holders should take the exam. I'm a holder of a PDL but driving (public or private) is not my profession. How about the driving instructors? They are holding PDLs too. Do they need to take the exams too? In fact, they are the one teaching how to drive properly and responsibly.

:beer: [SIZE="1"]3811[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    another silly proposal i'm also a professional driver's license holder but not a public utility driver by profession as well. if ever these reckless puv drivers ever passed this exams, do you think this will solve the accidents / hit and runs in our public roads? imo those to be educated are the traffic enforcers (again and again) and the strict implementation of the law.

let's wait, wait, and wait before we see

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    another silly proposal i'm also a professional driver's license holder but not a public utility driver by profession as well. if ever these reckless puv drivers ever passed this exams, do you think this will solve the accidents / hit and runs in our public roads? imo those to be educated are the traffic enforcers (again and again) and the strict implementation of the law.

let's wait, wait, and wait before we see
    I agree. And, if this will be strictly, I repeat, strictly implemented. Only a few PUVs would run.

:beer: [SIZE="1"]3814[/SIZE]

Driver's Exam Every Renewal?