New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Anyone know the details about this, specifically the streets affects, rerouting ?

They say this will be done by Jan 2017(daw)

HEAVY TRAFFIC AHEAD | DPWH to start work on Makati underpass in April

HEAVY TRAFFIC AHEAD | DPWH to start work on Makati underpass in April
    By: InterAksyon.com
    February 11, 2015 5:04 PM

MANILA - Work on an 880-meter underpass that engineers promise will result in uninterrupted traffic flow along Sen. Gil Puyat (Buendia) Avenue - passing through Makati Ave. and Paseo de Roxas Ave. - by January 2017 begins this April. The bad news: Construction, and heavier traffic in the Makati CBD, is expected over the next 22 months.

DPWH Secretary Rogelio L. Singson said civil works will immediately start after the completion of pre-construction activities by March.

"As early as now, I appeal for the understanding of the motorists and commuters for any inconvenience the project may cause as I have directed the contractor to maximize project time schedule. The Department is also coordinating with the MMDA and the Makati officials for the traffic management within the vicinity," said Singson.

The project, approved by President Benigno Aquino III and NEDA Board, aims to address traffic congestion within Makati Central Business District and its surrounding areas.

The project involves the construction of a 4-lane, divided vehicle underpass along the inner most lanes of Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue. It will pass the Makati Avenue and Paseo de Roxas intersections and include a covered tunnel portion of about 570 meters.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The plans I saw before (will try to search for them again) outlined a tunnel that will start after the Kalayaan flyover, go under Paseo and Makati Ave, and come up around the Chevron building.

The most affected will be those coming from the Kalayaan flyover turning left to Paseo. Ngayon pa nga lang abot na hanggang BGC ang pila during rush hours.
    Last edited by JohnM; February 12th, 2015 at 11:03 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    sabay din nito yung edsa q.ave to edsa munoz fly over diba.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i think i'm gonna start bringing a pillow coming home from work :p Let's just hope it's all worth the trouble come 2017.

In light of the recent worsening floods in MM, i find the whole thing mind boggling. Ano kayang countermeasures nila against baha?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Oh my god.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yup, sabay nga.

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/motor...e-edsa-traffic
    The Department of Public Works and Highways will reportedly start construction on two projects that it hopes will ease traffic on EDSA.

According to GMANetwork.com, the first project is the Metro Manila Interchange Construction Project Phase VI, which refers to the construction of two two-level interchanges. One will be the EDSA-North Avenue-West Avenue interchange, which will start at the end of the Quezon Avenue flyover and end at the Dario Bridge in Muñoz, and two is the Mindanao Avenue interchange, which will begin on Congressional Avenue in Muñoz and end on Mindanao Avenue. The total cost of the project, which is said to include the construction of a third interchange, will cost P4.01 billion.

The second project is the construction of the Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue underpass in Makati City, which we first reported in October. Expected to cost P1.27 billion, the 600m tunnel will traverse the length of Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue between the intersections of Makati Avenue and Paseo de Roxas.

The report added that both projects are expected to be finished as early as mid-2016 to as late as the first quarter of 2017.

Makati Underpass Construction to Start this April