New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    I just came from Bayombong. Traffic in Dalton Pass was so bad, primarily due to slow moving/crawling 22 wheeler trucks. I wonder whether the DPWH implements its rules on overloading.

I heard though of an alternate route from San Jose, Nueva Ecija to Aritao, Nueva Vizcaya that is now being constructed. The road, which bypasses Sta Fe, Nueva Vizcaya, is around 10 km and supposedly has a 1 km tunnel bridge/viaduct. It's supposedly 90% complete. Anyone has heard about this project?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by machinepistol View Post
    I just came from Bayombong. Traffic in Dalton Pass was so bad, primarily due to slow moving/crawling 22 wheeler trucks. I wonder whether the DPWH implements its rules on overloading.

I heard though of an alternate route from San Jose, Nueva Ecija to Aritao, Nueva Vizcaya that is now being constructed. The road, which bypasses Sta Fe, Nueva Vizcaya, is around 10 km and supposedly has a 1 km tunnel bridge/viaduct. It's supposedly 90% complete. Anyone has heard about this project?
    I Googled it and found this, Welcome to www.DPWH.gov.ph

While this project doesn't exist yet (kung meron man), advise ko is not to travel Sta. Fe's scenic road during night time. Taga Cagayan Valley ako so we always travel day time or we call it daytrip. Most of trucks and buses travel in that section during night time kasi mas malamig so mas ok yun sa truck or bus nila. Not only the heavy traffic you can avoid pag daytrip, importantly yung safety mo kasi bibihirang mga dambuhalang sasakyan ang makakasabay at makakasalubong mo, plus you and your passenger can view the scenic road of Sta. Fe/ Dalton pass.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I am from Bayombong and havent heard about a tunnel being constructed. Maybe what you meant by an alternate route is thru san jose and maybe pass through a portion of pangasinan. i dont know the actual route, kasi nakasakay lang ako. From pangasinan, lalabas ka sa kayapa, nv then thru aritao or bambang. magtanong ka rin sa mga vehicles sa shell station. maraming taga cagayan valley na nagkakape diyan. have a nice trip!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2018

Dalton Pass Alternate Route