Oct 2012

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tesla PH coming soon?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Tesla PH coming soon?
    If that ever happens... I wonder if they will source it from China.
    I read that the Teslas made in China actually have better build quality than the US-made ones known for their poor build quality.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    If that ever happens... I wonder if they will source it from China.
    I read that the Teslas made in China actually have better build quality than the US-made ones known for their poor build quality.
    Really difficult to ascertain, Tesla's requirement for its charging network is demanding. Even Thailand can't get Tesla even with Thailand's EV incentives. Tesla SG will probably be the only Tesla Center in Asia.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    i can buy a nissan leaf right now but hindi tama ang presyo napakalaki ng patong.

Mga 1.5million payag ako. Dapat pag baguhan wag masyado tubuan kasi magrisk ako jan new technology in a 3rd worLd pasosy country. Pag papractisan ng casa.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Really difficult to ascertain, Tesla's requirement for its charging network is demanding. Even Thailand can't get Tesla even with Thailand's EV incentives. Tesla SG will probably be the only Tesla Center in Asia.
    That would be a problem considering how expensive Teslas are, it would be hard to justify building hundreds of exclusive Tesla Supercharger charging stations even if they use a common port/plug. The Chinese Teslas appear to be using the Chinese GB/T ports like most Chinese EVs.

PS: Speaking of affordable EVs... Ford PH should probably consider selling the Territory EV here in the near future.
    161hp, 280Nm of torque, 435km range.

Not sure how big the current EV incentives/discounts are in China, but the Territory EV's starting price is around 17% more than the Titanium variant which is sold here for P1.31M.
    Last edited by AG4; January 30th, 2022 at 05:30 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Tesla can sell more cars than they can build. Theres no incentive to sell in countries like Thailand and the Philippines for now.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    That would be a problem considering how expensive Teslas are, it would be hard to justify building hundreds of exclusive Tesla Supercharger charging stations even if they use a common port/plug. The Chinese Teslas appear to be using the Chinese GB/T ports like most Chinese EVs.

PS: Speaking of affordable EVs... Ford PH should probably consider selling the Territory EV here in the near future.
    161hp, 280Nm of torque, 435km range.

Not sure how big the current EV incentives/discounts are in China, but the Territory EV's starting price is around 17% more than the Titanium variant which is sold here for P1.31M.
    435km sounds good. How is their ADAS system though?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    i can buy a nissan leaf right now but hindi tama ang presyo napakalaki ng patong.

Mga 1.5million payag ako. Dapat pag baguhan wag masyado tubuan kasi magrisk ako jan new technology in a 3rd worLd pasosy country. Pag papractisan ng casa.
    pag napirmahan na...bababa naman siguro

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    435km sounds good. How is their ADAS system though?
    I think the Territory EV only has basic driver assistance features, no autopilot.

I still don't trust Tesla's autopilot which they are beta testing on current customers. It can work in the perfect environment which is not always the case in the real world. This explains many crashes or near misses. People should learn to drive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast