New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    is it worth to trade in your car ? or is it wiser to sell your car personally then buy a new one? madalas po ba lugi ang presyo ng mga dealers? aybody po here who has experience with toyota dealers? salamat po

toyota dealers-- 5 year old cars lang tinatangap na t-in..

ikaw, pag trade-in babaratin ka, pero less hassle removing your car..

sariling benta-- magaantay ka ng buyer...matagal...

sa case namin-- 1989 maxima ko--t-in sa used DMAX... ok na ok no hassle, kahit 30T lang kinuha ok na un.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Are you buying a brand new car and trading-in your old one?

If you are not tight on cash flow, I would recommend that you sell your car personally. Typically, the price that they will quote you will be P30K to P50K (some even worse, like P80K) lower than the actual market price of your car, and they take in the profit for themselves.

I am certain about this because we bought a couple of brand new rides a few months ago and I personally sold the two 5-year old rides that they're replacing. Of course, I explored trading them in first.... Just goes to show your confidence in your old rides, too....

9303:grin2:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Babaratin kung trade in sa casa. not worth it.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Maiiyak ka lang sa presyo na ibibigay sayo pag trade-in. Sobrang lugi.
    Unless you trade it in sa tao at hindi sa dealer wherein the additional price is reasonable.
    Last edited by hops; February 16th, 2010 at 09:37 AM. Reason: added

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    better sell it if you are not in a hurry. pero mataas daw kumuha is KIA.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    salamat din po. im trading a 2008 hilux to a toyota camry , bawal na akong matagtag after i developed spinal problems. anyboy who is interested with my hilux 2.7 matic beige 22k plus mileage with bedliner and bell bags. salamat po.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    when you trade in your car, you are actually buying comfort and convenience. so ask yourself: are the comfort and convenience worth the money you are paying them for? some of us may think the price is too much. but then again, some of us may feel it is worth the price.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    As an example:

Wanted to dispose of a 1995 Civic ESI M/T back in late 2005 to early 2006. Honda will allow Php 110K trade in value. I was able to sell it myself after a few months for Php 195K.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Ako:

Wanted to dispose my 96 Corolla. Toyota Balintawak North was giving me 100K max...

I was able to sell it for 140K pa outside.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
is it worth to trade in your car?