New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Toyota Gurus , i need your opinion about this car. I am close to trading my used car with this SUV before going back to the Philippines. It's priced between 490 to 550k. Im confident about the engine ,but im kind'a worried about the suspension, drivetrain. Odometer reading between 90 to 120k. And all the car ad says " not flooded". How will i know ? Mucho thank you.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    You will have to check it personally to make sure. Yung mga pinakasure na ads are usually the ones that give the most details and have the most number of pics, showing every detail of the car. But Prado's are generally very well built cars, so there's not much you have to worry about. Just be prepared for the fuel consumption... The V6 is one huge drinker.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    go for the TOTL v6 given both are in similar condition. The 2.7l is an old school, carburetor engine so not only will eat drink a lot, performance isnt that great.

For me, the model to get of that version would be the 3.0L turbo diesel which TMP released locally although it is kinda rare.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yup, most LC90's I see are 3.4V6. You can consider getting a Japan surplus Prado with a 3.0L turbo diesel. These usually have much better conversions than their Pajero and Bighorn counterparts. Resale value is also very solid, almost at par with local LC90s, which should say something about its reliability.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Thank you very much...i'll probably go for 3.4 manual. Thanks again

1998 TOYOTA PRADO 2.7 or 3.4 v6 manual