The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What's your take on this?
    Why is Toyota promoting this in competition
    with their own genuine Toyota parts?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would liken this to Nissan's "Key Value" parts. They are still OEM but to a slightly lesser degree of quality or something like that to help put costs down. They sell such items (which are still Toyota parts) to help contend with the Japan and Taiwan replacement parts.

However, from how i know it, some items like the clutch, brake pads, etc, have a shorter life span then the real OEMs. When i asked some casa guys before, they said it would have an 80% or so lifespan or such when compared to the originals.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this is just to entice AUV / old corolla owners to still service their vehicle and source the parts from toyota.

as you know, toyota parts are very much available so this is just one way of countering that. they might lose some on the sale of their genuine parts but the projected income that this will generate (from the parts and labor) is tremendous!

that marketing gimmick of theirs will still be on a pilot run only next year, if that picks up (like how they made a new vehicle market - the AUV)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kahit yata Honda Motorcyles ganyan ang style. May choice between OEM and 'approved' non-oem parts.

I would use such parts on my truck. Unless mas mura ang OEM sa labas or may cheaper high-quality replacement na available sa labas.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Toyota's Advantex Replacement Parts