New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    It is stated in the manual that 10,000kms is the service interval for NORMAL use. Why does Toyota Philippines insist on using the SEVERE schedule even if our cars are NOT subjected to repeated short trips, towing, taxi, extensive idling, etc? They insist on SEVERE schedule even for cars that are operated in the traffic-free provinces...

Check out Toyota Singapore's service menu: http://www.toyotasingapore.com.sg/af...ger/index.html
    Last edited by Psylocke; August 6th, 2005 at 10:37 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pera. syempre every service bayad ka.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Ripoff!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    maybe poor engine realibility. kaya kailangan i-check every 5K kms...or maybe nakasanayan na kasi..or maybe its just for the money lang talaga...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Additional income nila yan, just think, how many units they have sold this year and multiply those units with the amount charged for the 5k PMS, malaking pera iyan!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Considering our roads, traffic and climate, driving in our country is considered under severe driving conditions. Other than that its just a way for them to earn more money.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    would toyota void the warranty if you let them do only 10k's service but have your 5k's change oil/filter outside casa (to save a few bucks)?

just asking ... coz i think (even for other carmakers) it is usually at 10k's (esp. 40k's) where some other fluids/parts are replaced but 5k's usually call for just oil/filter change

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    hmmm pero parng theres nothing wrong naman na magservice sa 5k interval e .. parng to protect narin kotse mo mas alaga lang ! at to make sure na lahat ok etc etc ... for me no big deal ...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    AFAIK, nagka-problema yung Toyota sa US due to the long service interval, because the conditions cars run into over that span are unpredictable, they reverted to the shorter one just to be sure.

Now if our Japanese cars only had a change oil light like BMW's... then you wouldn't even have to think about the interval.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    dapat naman talaga 5K, I always follow that. My truck now has 70K miles and brakepads lang napalitan.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Why does Toyota Philippines insist on 5K service interval?