New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    mga sirs, need your advice on this...

I was set on getting an altis 2.0V already when my aunt offered to sell her 3 year old Rav4 4x2 at a very cheap price.

How cheap, I don't know yet, but I think it's going to be 700k or lower. Maalaga sila sa kotse, and indi ito nabaha, I actually saw the exterior of the car, looks to be in good condition, but I haven't seen the interior yet.

Her reason for selling is because nagustuhan nya yung Mazda CX7, so ipapalit nya sa Rav4 nya.

ano mas sulit kunin between the two, ano yung pros and cons? Medyo nagdadalawang isip kasi ako, on one hand, I love the features of the 2.0V altis, on the other hand, the Rav4 will be cheaper to purchase, SUV na sya, but with less features. Also, iba din kasi yung brand new na kotse, so pa advice naman.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    for me, i would go with the brand new 2.0V altis. iba pa rin pag brand new ang ride mo. it boils down to this: if you want savings, go for the 3 year old Rav4. Otherwise, the altis would definitely satisfy you.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sir eto po yung review ng 2.0V Altis from bigbigcar.com

http://www.bigbigcar.com/ReviewArticle.aspx?id=46

IMO sundin nyo na lang po kung saan kayo masaya hehe, seems to me that mas gusto niyo yung Altis because maraming toys at most of all, brand new..Not sure about sa FC ng Rav4 kung pareho lang halos sila ng 2.0V Altis..But according to bigbigcar.com,

...That performance comes with a price. With a simple four-speed automatic, we didn’t expect economy to be this car’s strong suit... and it wasn’t. Highway driving net a decent 9-11 km/l, but city traffic dragged economy into the 6’s. At least the Corolla’s fat torque curve allows you to drive it with light touches of the pedal... which is how we got 11’s.
    *tingin ko di pa nabe-break in yung unit nila, tingin ko lang*

But overall, since maraming good feedbacks about sa very comfy ride ng Altis, at maganda ang interior, I suggest go with the Altis In the long run, IMO baka bawiin din yung savings nyo kapag binili nyo yung Rav4 dahil sa FC nito or maybe slightly higher maintenance cost..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Agree with sir chikselog. The last decision will still come from yours .. and it will be based, not just from our opinions but from your heart ... where does it take you. O.A. naman. hehe

Anyways, i`d go with the altis ... since I can see you can and ready to shoulder misc. expenses like insurance cost ( must be with AOG. better to be sure ) , reg. cost, maintenance etc. etc.

Get the pearl white ... nothing else.

Anyhows, if you want ... there are other alternatives ( pampagulo lang hehe )

1. Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi
    2. Lancer EX GT-(a)
    3. Honda Civic 2.0S
    4. Subaru Impreza 2.0R

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    brand new altis na, normally ganyan ang mga relative na gusto magpalit ng bago. once nalaman niya na may balak bumili ang isang relative, they will try to sell kung ano yung gusto palitan. in the end bago ulit car nila

anyway, if you can afford brand new unit, dun ka na unless rav talaga hanap mo. also 5 seater lang rin naman, both front wheel drives, wala na warranty yun so sagot mo na lahat.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    on the other hand, getting the RAV4 spares the TS the astronomical cost of casa maintenance... if he/she knows where to get the parts (not that hard, really).

Depende siguro sa TS... is he/she some sort of gearhead? or would he/she prefer that others take care of everything?

if the former, lots of savings with the RAV4 (more than 300k for gas and maintenance). if he/she is more of the latter, then the brand new car, with its warranty, would be preferred.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    mga sirs, thanks for the replies...

people are telling me kasi, that RAV4 is the better car, it's an SUV, it's more expensive, is a better status car daw than an altis, and that my aunt's gonna sell it at a really good price daw, so it's a good deal.

I think mga RAV4 2006 models ngayon still selling at 900k-1M. I think I can get it at 700k or less, di ko pa sure kasi di pa nasabi sakin ng aunt ko how much nya bebenta. Brand new sells at 1.4M. Even my sister is thinking of getting it kung ayaw ko daw, and meron din isang buyer pa auntie ko na interested din, sakin lang nya muna binebenta kasi she found out I'm buying an Altis.

On the other hand naman, I get the feeling na wala masyadong sense of ownership in a second hand car for me. Iba din kasi yung brand new mo binili at ikaw ang lumaspag And I love the features of the 2.0V altis.

So I'm confused :confused: If I get the Altis, would I be passing up on a really good opportunity?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by supermanila View Post
    mga sirs, thanks for the replies...

people are telling me kasi, that RAV4 is the better car, it's an SUV, it's more expensive, is a better status car daw than an altis, and that my aunt's gonna sell it at a really good price daw, so it's a good deal.

I think mga RAV4 2006 models ngayon still selling at 900k-1M. I think I can get it at 700k or less, di ko pa sure kasi di pa nasabi sakin ng aunt ko how much nya bebenta. Brand new sells at 1.4M. Even my sister is thinking of getting it kung ayaw ko daw, and meron din isang buyer pa auntie ko na interested din, sakin lang nya muna binebenta kasi she found out I'm buying an Altis.

On the other hand naman, I get the feeling na wala masyadong sense of ownership in a second hand car for me. Iba din kasi yung brand new mo binili at ikaw ang lumaspag And I love the features of the 2.0V altis.

So I'm confused :confused: If I get the Altis, would I be passing up on a really good opportunity?
    a 700k Rav4 is really, really cheap.

but there are Compact SUV choices for the price range of the 2.0V altis, if you really want an SUV. The X-Trail, Escape, and the all new Tucson iX

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    2006 RAV4.

Dude. That's cheap. Are you sure that it isn't flooded ?

If it's not. And if it's maintained properly. Get it. It's an opportunity.

However if you're having 2nd thoughts about it. No questions asked, get the altis. Newer, less headaches.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Buy and Sell niyo na lang yung RAV4 hehehe kumita pa kayo.. Joke ([SIZE=1]pero may sense di ba? haha)

[SIZE=2]Nasasa-inyo na yan sir hehe..Eto tanong, saan po kayo mas masaya, Altis o RAV4? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]edit: Sir consider niyo rin po pala yung mga reviews about the RAV4[/SIZE]..[SIZE=2]Better ask sir niky about this hehehe.. Tsaka ask niyo na rin po auntie niyo kung magkano talaga presyo ng RAV4 niya

Personally, I like the toys of the Altis too when I read the review and saw the pictures at bigbigcar.com napapaisip na nga ako sa dream car ko kung LancerEX GTA ba or Altis 2.0V eh hehehe..
    [/SIZE] [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Chikselog; January 3rd, 2010 at 02:34 AM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
bnew altis or 2nd hand rav4 - need advice