New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi everyone,

i'm getting a fortuner G 2.5Diesel AT next week and want to validate a few items with you. i hope you can help me.

1. Applied thru TFS and not thru bank because of faster processing and low DP. %annum is not so bad at 7% vs 5-5.5% in bank. I also plan to pay out the balance after 1.5 years. So % annum would not be a big deal.

2. The total cash-out I got was 254,788. computed at
    295,800 (20% dp) + 8,988 proc fee - 40k discount - 10k walk in discount. LTO and Insurance are free.

3. I got the lease-to-own plan

4. I'm getting a black unit and freebies include backing sensor, tint and other standart stuff

Since its december dealears are really scrambling to get a sale. I'm tired of haggling since this has been after 3 rounds of haggling between 3 dealers. Is this a good deal?

Thanks boys.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Best is to compare the down and financing with the bank. I suspect you will get better rates from the bank but you won't get the low down that TFS offers. Freebies are usually standard but you can always still haggle for more freebies.

But my suggestion is really on the unit that you are getting. Have you visited the Toyota D4D Problem/Issues thread? If you haven't I suggest you do. This is not a knock on Toyota but making you more aware as a consumer.

I owned a Fortuner 2.5 D4D a couple of years back and I sold it after 2 years.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    how much ang monthly payment?

Quote Originally Posted by ProdigalGirl View Post
    Hi everyone,

i'm getting a fortuner G 2.5Diesel AT next week and want to validate a few items with you. i hope you can help me.

1. Applied thru TFS and not thru bank because of faster processing and low DP. %annum is not so bad at 7% vs 5-5.5% in bank. I also plan to pay out the balance after 1.5 years. So % annum would not be a big deal.

2. The total cash-out I got was 254,788. computed at
    295,800 (20% dp) + 8,988 proc fee - 40k discount - 10k walk in discount. LTO and Insurance are free.

3. I got the lease-to-own plan

4. I'm getting a black unit and freebies include backing sensor, tint and other standart stuff

Since its december dealears are really scrambling to get a sale. I'm tired of haggling since this has been after 3 rounds of haggling between 3 dealers. Is this a good deal?

Thanks boys.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Try BPI Family Bank for loans, you can probably get your rate at less than 5% if your willing to pay the car off at 1.5 years.

Lease to own is different from loan acquisition.

I suggest you don't do lease to own.

Alam ko rin, Toyota has promos out right now.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    +1 on toyota promos. you can choose whether to pay low downpayment, or light monthly payment.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Maganda ngayon ang promo ng Toyota sa Fortuner lalo na yung discounts nila!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Thanks everyone. I decided to get the D4D anyway. I have seen posts saying that this has been corrected. (including ride quality). Now, i am undecided which color. Is black okay? Anybody know about the fortuner being eye candy for car jackers?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ProdigalGirl View Post
    Thanks everyone. I decided to get the D4D anyway. I have seen posts saying that this has been corrected. (including ride quality). Now, i am undecided which color. Is black okay? Anybody know about the fortuner being eye candy for car jackers?
    all toyota models are eye candy for car jackers because of its popularity. even the old toyota cars are eye candy for a car jacker because it seems so very ordinary car that it can be used as a get-away car in bank-robberies, and the likes. lalo na po ang fort because the suv market is picking up so high. actually, it's not just the fort that is a car jacker eye-candy but it's arch-rivals from the mitsubishi stable (montero sport) and the ford stable (everest) as well.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I was also offered the same lease to own basis before I got my fortuner some time in Oct 2008, kesyo wala na daw mortgage fee pero muka pinatong din nila sa monthly. I already computed that and the result bank still cheaper than in-house lease to own. I remember I got a 4.7% in BDO for 1 year term. Then I know nakapangalan ang unit sa toyota or dealer during the term mo pag tapos ng term deed of sale so parang di na sya first owned.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Thanks. Did a lot of research and the carnapping scene is really scary specially that im a girl. How rampant is this really? Are the odds that high? Is it safe in makati on a nightshift?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I'm getting a new Fortuner and need advise