New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Good day ka tsikots.. question lang po, my ride is 99 gli lovelife m/t, if i replace my steering wheel ( with airbag ) with custom SW like momo? can i still have the airbag functions on the driver and passenger?..if yes, where is the best place to have it done?..the leather of my stock SW is already ripping off..eye sore..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by siat69 View Post
    Good day ka tsikots.. question lang po, my ride is 99 gli lovelife m/t, if i replace my steering wheel ( with airbag ) with custom SW like momo? can i still have the airbag functions on the driver and passenger?..if yes, where is the best place to have it done?..the leather of my stock SW is already ripping off..eye sore..

Why not have the original leather steering wheel repaired? It takes only a full day to have the leather replaced with nice stitching.

Places like SEATMATE (mandaluyong) and other leather seat shops in Banawe, Araneta, etc doesn't charge that much.

Alternatively, you can buy a surplus Corolla leather steering wheel and have it bolted straight on your car. Downside, it might cost more than having the leather replaced and color of the surplus wheel might not be a direct match (close match lang).

btw, 99 corolla gli (lovelife) doesn't have leather steering wheels. They have a rubber-plastic steering wheel. My original wheel started to crumble so I went the surplus route and bought a real leather JDM-spec Corolla steering wheel with intact airbag from my suki surplus shop along Banawe.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 25th, 2011 at 12:19 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    yes bro, not leather nga pala.. ..thanks thanks for the reply bro.. i'll think about the options you've mentioned..actually, i just reside around Evang Makati..

Lovelife GLI driver's airbag..