New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hello Tsikoteers,

I would like to inquire if anyone here has already experienced stalling caused by erratic supply coming from the fuel pump?

The problem started when all our units (6 units, 2008 Innova being rented out to a company)began stalling, all of them have reached the 100k km reading already. Initial diagnosis by the casa was that the filter was already clogged. We had all the units cleaned, filters replaced, fuel tanks drained.

After a while, the problem reappeared once again, for all the units. When we had a unit checked and diagnosed by the computer, we were informed that the fuel pump was not giving enough fuel supply causing the engine to stop.

We observed that the problem comes up when the units run for more than 4 hours continuously. All 4 units have displayed the same problems this past week. They were cleaned just this March and April.

I know that parts undergo wear and tear, but for a 3 year vehicle, 6 units all in all, isn't it too early for their pumps to go haywire? This is a big letdown, a failure rate of 6 to a hundred thousand is way too high i believe... Where is Toyota quality here? We bought Toyota units precisely because of their tried and tested reputation.

Do you think I have a case to demand for free replacement of all fuel pumps for the units? Aside from putting the lives of the passengers in danger as the engines simply stall unexpectedly, even while in full speed. The cost of replacing the pumps which is 26k for the whole assembly this early i think is unfair. Just venting guys and hopefully get some advice from our lawyers here....

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    boss try to search yung toyota d4d problems, andun na yang experience mo. Magback-read ka doon para hindi ka na mahirapan pa.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    boss try to search yung toyota d4d problems, andun na yang experience mo. Magback-read ka doon para hindi ka na mahirapan pa.
    Hi Ry_Tower, units are gasoline, not diesel that is why i did not post there. tried looking at the other innova threads but have not found anything similar with my problem. Will try to back read other threads.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jackndbox View Post
    Hi Ry_Tower, units are gasoline, not diesel that is why i did not post there. tried looking at the other innova threads but have not found anything similar with my problem. Will try to back read other threads.
    naku!pati gasoline variant ng innova?may flaw na din?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    One of the basic things to remember in order to keep the fuel pump (as well as the car as a whole) in good shape is to never let the car run low or run out of fuel. Aside from being a propellant, fuel also acts as a lubricant for the pump. Letting the car run almost dry will also cause the pump to work without lubrication, which could cause damage to it.

is this true sir?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i think di naman, unless aabot na patay ang makina sa palaging nauubusan ng gas.
    may almost 10L payan na laman,
    About sa maging lubricant ang gas, nope, di naman yan umaabot sa loob ng shafting.
    no gas means no load for the pump.

sa TS, sabay lahat nasira, assuming sabay nya nabili sa iisang dealer at halos isang batch sa factory galing, could be something may sira nga talaga ang batch ng motor pump.
    6 unit yon sabay sabay, paano kaya ginawa ng casa ang test sa pressure ng pump?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Oh wow,- this is news and not good news at that.... Stalling Toyota Innovas, with mileage at 100KKm running on petrol?....

12.9K:foshizzle:

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Sir if you are maintaining your unit at a Toyota dealership you could ask them to ask for a replacement to Toyota Philippines for faulty parts even after the warranty if your have complete records of your PMS and back it up by writting an email to customer care of Toyota Philippines http://www.toyota.com.ph/forms/contact.asp and vent out your experience when our Innova G D4D has the issue on its fuel pump and Toyota Otis informed me that it was 80K for brand new and 30K for re-condition I ask them to make an appeal since our unit was on its 4th year after the service manager checked that we have a complete PMS record he made their appeal they give two option first option is to buy the supply pump and once the appeal was approved they will refund it or wait for the answer of Toyota Philippines since we could still use the unit we opted to wait for their decision after 6 months they replace our pump for free good thing we switch dealership from Commonwealth to Otis hope this would help you and good luck on your units

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mestiza View Post
    Sir if you are maintaining your unit at a Toyota dealership you could ask them to ask for a replacement to Toyota Philippines for faulty parts even after the warranty if your have complete records of your PMS and back it up by writting an email to customer care of Toyota Philippines http://www.toyota.com.ph/forms/contact.asp and vent out your experience when our Innova G D4D has the issue on its fuel pump and Toyota Otis informed me that it was 80K for brand new and 30K for re-condition I ask them to make an appeal since our unit was on its 4th year after the service manager checked that we have a complete PMS record he made their appeal they give two option first option is to buy the supply pump and once the appeal was approved they will refund it or wait for the answer of Toyota Philippines since we could still use the unit we opted to wait for their decision after 6 months they replace our pump for free good thing we switch dealership from Commonwealth to Otis hope this would help you and good luck on your units
    thanks mestiza, will follow your advise. actually we already ordered one unit of fuel pump at the cost of 26k, 2k+ labor and will have it replaced by toyota tarlac by next week. we will see how it goes from there. meanwhile, all units are intermittently dying on us. just received a text from our driver that one unit stalled again just as i am writing this. really one hell of a time. business is in jeopardy because of the poor performance of the cars, also putting the lives of our passengers at risk which is doubly harder.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kristine123 View Post
    One of the basic things to remember in order to keep the fuel pump (as well as the car as a whole) in good shape is to never let the car run low or run out of fuel. Aside from being a propellant, fuel also acts as a lubricant for the pump. Letting the car run almost dry will also cause the pump to work without lubrication, which could cause damage to it.

is this true sir?
    hi kristine123,

we tried this already, instructed all our drivers never to let fuel level lower than half, expecting that this would in a way ease the load of the fuel pump as it will have to work less. did not work.

also, our theory/observation that they stall after 4 hour continuous trip no longer holds. now they stall anytime, anywhere, regardless of distance and time.

eliminated fuel quality as the drivers can refuel anywhere, having at their disposal caltex cards.

google came out with a lot of toyota engine problems in india. ecu, mass air flow sensors being the culprit.

still at a loss and really disheartened by toyota.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Innova Fuel Pump Problems upon reaching 100k km