New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Where can I buy original parts of oil seal for corolla gli 97? I found out na may leak engine leak sa car although kakapalit lang ng valve gasket and oil seals last september, I dont know what have happened. According to 2 car shops, oil seal daw nagkaproblema. Mas ok ba magpagawa sa Car shop or sa toyota mismo?They told me to buy the following parts:

Main Pulley
    Camshaft oil seal
    Crank shaft oil seal

How much ang cost nyan?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    up on this thread

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Sir,kahit san auto supply ka magtanong,basta pyesa ng toyota cgurado meron.Kung magpapalit ka ng crankshaft oil seal,isabay mo na palit ng timing belt para isang kalasan nlng.Tapos,bakit pati main pulley kailangan din palitan?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    include the oil pump gasket (neoprene) and the oil pump shaft seal. experience has it, that you might as well do the whole set of seals and gaskets and timing belt related parts while you're at it.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    kasama sa mga pinalitan last september yung timing belt so no need na palitan. ilan klase ba ang oil seals meron?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    kasama sa mga pinalitan last september yung timing belt so no need na palitan. ilan klase ba ang oil seals meron?
    For this job it is cheaper to replace the water pump, timing belt, tbelt tensioner, tbelt idler, cam seal, front crank seal, oil pump seal, oil pump gasket. These are a set of what we call "might as well"

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    For this job it is cheaper to replace the water pump, timing belt, tbelt tensioner, tbelt idler, cam seal, front crank seal, oil pump seal, oil pump gasket. These are a set of what we call "might as well"
    noted on this. Thanks. By the way, my current engine oil is 20w50. Is this ok for my car? or it might be too thick which might be the reason to cause an engine oil leak?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    noted on this. Thanks. By the way, my current engine oil is 20w50. Is this ok for my car? or it might be too thick which might be the reason to cause an engine oil leak?
    if you think the oil is too thick and caused the leak, the possibility it is the cause is remote. when the oil pressure gets too high, the oil pressure relief valve opens and dumps the excess volume and pressure back to the oil pan. it is the age of the car where it is time to need resealing. the next one to go if not maintained yet would be the valve cover gasket, the rear main oil seal and the oil pressure sending unit. it probably does not need to be overhauled, just resealed. try not to open a can or worms until you have the need and the convenience by having an alternate car

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thanks for your inputs guys. I just noticed everytime i hit the gas mas marami ang drop/leak ng engine oil, if off ang car wala nman nakikitang leak, small drops lang