New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Mga bossing,

I prefer an A/T and have a limited budget, and like everyone else - prefers brand new.

Any feedback on the Vios E (1.3) A/T model? For a 700-720k car - is it worth the value?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Aibs View Post
    Mga bossing,

I prefer an A/T and have a limited budget, and like everyone else - prefers brand new.

Any feedback on the Vios E (1.3) A/T model? For a 700-720k car - is it worth the value?

The car itself is basic and the new black color interior helps hide the cheap plastics of the dashboard. Honestly, Toyota could have done better. But its a basic transport of a car with a good brand.

Aside from this, you can choose from the Lancer 1.6L CVT (P745K) and Sentra 1.3L GX A/T (P660K). Both cars offer better value even if they are older models.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I'd go Vios over the Cedia Lancer and the GX. The Vios may not have much HP, but it is far lighter than both. Over the Sentra it offers, better safety equipment. The Lancer GLS CVT is very much gas guzzler.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Thanks for the inputs sirs. I wonder how badly slow this car in the highway. I'm aware this is more of a city car but i hope it's not that bad if i'm in a bit of a hurry and there's no traffic.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Just look at it as how it is over its competitors. The Toyota's automatic tranny is light at its feet and very responsive over the very heavy and feels like dragging tranny of the Nissan Sentra. Well, the Lancer GLS CVT maybe fast due to its 1.6L engine and the fact that CVT's are really the way to go fast. But CVTs are awkward to use or maybe we are just not used to it due to its rareness.

Better test drive all to see which satisfies you the most.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Well, the Vios might not be the best car in its class, but you sure won't go wrong with it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Just look at it as how it is over its competitors. The Toyota's automatic tranny is light at its feet and very responsive over the very heavy and feels like dragging tranny of the Nissan Sentra. Well, the Lancer GLS CVT maybe fast due to its 1.6L engine and the fact that CVT's are really the way to go fast. But CVTs are awkward to use or maybe we are just not used to it due to its rareness.

Better test drive all to see which satisfies you the most.
    CVTs aren't really awkward. It is just sometimes the way it was implemented in a certain makes it feel so.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    how much would an a/t tranny add to the Fuel consumption of the Vios?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    how much would an a/t tranny add to the Fuel consumption of the Vios?
    Estimate is around 1km/L less than the manual version for typical A/T.

Quote Originally Posted by Aibs View Post
    Thanks for the inputs sirs. I wonder how badly slow this car in the highway. I'm aware this is more of a city car but i hope it's not that bad if i'm in a bit of a hurry and there's no traffic.
    Faster in normally more economical. As long as you have sustained speeds at top gear, mas matipid sa gas. Kahit A/T yan, basta nag-cruise ka na at 4th gear, at right around 2k RPM, baka maka 15kpl ka pa diyan sa 1.3L nang Vios.

Stop go traffic is the biggest enemy of A/T, where gears shift up and down, lalo sa lower gears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What you think about BNEW Vios E (1.3) A/T?