New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Toyota Motor Thailand (TMT) is understood to be planning the launch of a turbocharged version of its Soluna Vios compact this year to give the line a sporty option.

A turbo could boost the power of the standard 1.5-litre four-cylinder Vios engine from 110ps to around 150ps, and a stronger suspension would be fitted to cope with the additional output.
    The turbo launch may well tie in with the launch of a Vios one-make race series, with two classes of car competing over five legs. Sources in Thailand say the racers will compete for cash prized of 1.6 million baht (USD). TMT says its marketing effort this year will endeavour to be more interactive, allowing for more customer participation and product testing. TMT has powered ahead in the first quarter of 2003, selling 40,906 vehicles for an overall market share of 34.4 percent. In the passenger car sector, it sold 20,925 units to lead second-placed Honda by a wide margin

from thai yahoo group conversation....

I have to hand it to Toyota: they are masters of marketing (eventhough they cheat often) and they certainly have the right people running the marketing department.

Despite what we say about the technology being state of the art in the City's 88ps iDSI engine, the fact remains that many enthusiasts still yearns for more power. Indeed in recent months, the Vios has begun to exploit its advantage of having a more powerful engine with the last figures indicating that it has finally overtaken the City in terms of sales - outselling the City by 2 : 1 !!!

To handle this, Honda Asia introduced the new 110ps VTEC City in Thailand just a few days ago, and should be filtering it down to ASEAN over the next few months.

And Toyota, to counter this, actually introduced the limited edition, TRD Vios TURBO just ONE DAY after the VTEC City's launch in Bangkok ! The killer is while Honda is conservative and unadventurous, introducing the VTEC City only after it's ready for sale, Toyota unashamefully introduced the VIOS TURBO and then tell people 'sorry car not available yet, have to wait a few months'. In fact, even the price is not available yet. Guess I now know where our local Proton guys learnt their trick ! (the Gen2 is not available for delivery yet) !!

The Vios turbo is a limited edition run of only 600 units. It's fitted with a TRD turbo-intercooler unit that costs over 100k Thai Baht (or around RM10k) and boosts the Vios' power output to 140+ps. Wah, even I have to salute the Toyota Thai's marketing people's resourcefullness !!

It's shocking but I guess we need this kind of thing in order to shock Honda into becoming more aggressive. I know the Honda Malaysia guys are already talking about this. I hope this makes them more aggressive for this year, especially with their target of fighting with Toyota for the No-1 non national car position for this year 2004

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    toyota thailand also recently released a 188hp supercharged corolla altis dubbed the 1.8S.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Horsepower wars pala sila. hehehehe. The consumer wins!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano ulit power ratings nito?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto pala yung figures:
    Toyota Motor Thailand exhibited a new version of its Vios at the recent Bangkok Motorshow.

Developed by TRD, Toyota's racing and in-house tuning arm, the Vios' 1.5 VVT-i engine was equipped with a turbocharger. Power is increased to 143 bhp * 6400 rpm, while max torque is 196 Nm * 4400 rpm.

New tyres, with a size of 205/45R16 were fitted, and the interior is decorated with Alcantara leather.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Wow..sana maging available ito dito sa atin...:D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Civic SiR killer???

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    nice!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    want to order? Just let me know! I may be able to get you one. Indent order lang nga. ....will update if pwede nga
    Last edited by Marantz; June 7th, 2005 at 09:10 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Turbo VIOS