New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    i'm in the market for a new car but i've been staying away from Toyotas lately because of the stupid 5,000km PMS interval during the warranty period. even if it's stated clearly in the manual that it's 10,000km when driven under NORMAL conditions

modern engines, oils, and filters are certainly capable of 10,000. this is the recommendation of the smart people who built the engines

good thing we now have honda, chevy, (and others?) with 10,000 or 6-months PMS interval

so it's 2014. toyota is still forcing you to do 5,000?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pag regular oil.. they require every 5K PMS.. pag FS oil.. 10K.. personally, ok na din yung every 5K para ma checkup yung sasakyan, tires, etc..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The tiny teacups they call oil filters won't last 10k

Last edited by JohnM; February 6th, 2014 at 05:00 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    'think that's bad? what about the hyundai 5 year warranty? heh heh.
    but hey! if you want to cash in on their 3 year warranty, you have to do their 5K intervals.
    it's the golden rule.. they have the gold, they make the rules.

you're willing to give up the "legendary toyota reliability" for a measly 10K in forced maintenance savings?
    Last edited by dr. d; February 6th, 2014 at 04:58 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    i'm in the market for a new car but i've been staying away from Toyotas lately because of the stupid 5,000km PMS interval during the warranty period. even if it's stated clearly in the manual that it's 10,000km when driven under NORMAL conditions

modern engines, oils, and filters are certainly capable of 10,000. this is the recommendation of the smart people who built the engines

good thing we now have honda, chevy, (and others?) with 10,000 or 6-months PMS interval

so it's 2014. toyota is still forcing you to do 5,000?
    nasa pinas tayo considered as harsh driving condition kaya i don't see anything wrong with 5k pms especially with engine oil.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    kung puro highway driving ka lang, that is normal driving conditions.

but if you do towing, and especially EDSA stop and go, rush hour traffic everyday,
    that is already considered as severe driving conditions.

which requires 5T kms oil change.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

you're willing to give up the "legendary toyota reliability" for a measly 10K in forced maintenance savings?

then why are hondas doing 10,000 then? it's not about reliability because the toyota manual says 10,000. and hondas certainly are doing very well it could even be argued that hondas are more reliable.

it's a cash grab because people are willing to fork over the cash for the placebo effect

if the toyota is driven in metro manila traffic i can understand the 5,000 interval but i live in the province. i definitely fall under the NORMAL conditions so the 10,000 interval is really nothing but a money making scheme

in fact after the warranty period i've done the 10,000 interval on my old corolla. it's like 20yrs old by now and the owner is still happy with it

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 7138 View Post
    kung puro highway driving ka lang, that is normal driving conditions.

but if you do towing, and especially EDSA stop and go, rush hour traffic everyday,
    that is already considered as severe driving conditions.

which requires 5T kms oil change.

exactly my point sir.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Agreed. Toyota OEM oil filter is rubbish. I change oil regularly using baldwin filter every 5K in spite of using FS oil. Mas maganda ang takbo ng makina at slight improvement din sa FC pag regular ang change oil..
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    The tiny teacups they call oil filters won't last 10k

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

and the thing is mas mahal pa yan sa baldwin filter.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast