New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010

I intend to:

Use Mobil 1 supersyn oil
    Use Iridium sparkplugs

Is there anything else I ought to do that is offered in the Toyota service center?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Use Mobil 1 supersyn oil

-If you're sticking to the 5,000 km service interval, not needed.

Use Iridium sparkplugs

-Not needed, either. Nice, but not needed.

---

If you want to spend extra money on your car, new wheels and tires at an outside shop would be more worth it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    using special oils and sparkplugs will not turn your vios into a "luxury car"... the title should be "Treating my vios like a luxury car in my next PMS"

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    In my opinion the TS is attracting tsikoteers to look up on his thread. Btw, the title is misleading.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_M21n1cYINs...ified_vios.jpg

I was thinking of something like this.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Use Mobil 1 supersyn oil

Use Iridium sparkplugs

---

If you want to spend extra money on your car, new wheels and tires at an outside shop would be more worth it.
    Yep, it's not really needed and your Vios will be perform the same eitherway (with regular oil and spark plugs) as long as it's given maintenance regularly.

I'd spend the extra money on detailing instead.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dondonposadas View Post
    In my opinion the TS is attracting tsikoteers to look up on his thread. Btw, the title is misleading.
    Of course I am attracting posters, I am asking for more suggestions on more nice to haves for my Vios.

I really did not mean luxury car - if you just spend 1 extra second in reading ther title, you will notice the usage of the double quotation.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Yep, it's not really needed and your Vios will be perform the same eitherway (with regular oil and spark plugs) as long as it's given maintenance regularly.

I'd spend the extra money on detailing instead.
    Absolutely big difference in using fully synthetic oil vs regular oil. Te smoothness of the ride and acceleration, the engine noise, etc.

By saying they will perform the same way, you are in turn saying all those who use fully synthetic including the multinational companies who developed these oils are al in vain and stupid.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Use Mobil 1 supersyn oil

Use Iridium sparkplugs

---

Owning a Vios is not needed too, I could just take a cab or even the MRT to go to work everyday.

Wait, who said anything about only doing what is needed??

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fully Synthetic oils have their purpose. There are engines which are designed to run on synths alone. Check the owner's manual, not the dealer's mouth. The dealer will always push synths since they make tons of profit per unit of time than if they did everything with conventional (dino) oil.

For use regular joes, with regular cars, it's just a luxury. Nice to have but not necessary. Regular dino-oil will take you past 100,000 clicks with no problem (I have 235,000++kms in one vehicle already and my daily driver is almost 150,000kms).

Its sort of like the people who go the clinic and get those 'wellness' treatments. I don't call them vain and stupid even though 90% of them don't really need it. But the fact that they want to, that's different. As long as they pay, I don't complain.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Turning my Vios into a "luxury car" in my next PMS