New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Passed by Toyota Alabang this morning to get a quote on 40k km check-up for my Camry (which has not even hit 30k km). I was given a quote of P21k. When I went over the list, P11k of the P21k estimate came from these extra services: engine flush, fuel decarbonizing, radiator flush, fuel treatment, engine detailing. Do other Toyota dealers also recommend these extra services? I don’t plan on availing of any of these extra services as they are not part of Toyota’s official maintenance schedule.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Passed by Toyota Alabang this morning to get a quote on 40k km check-up for my Camry (which has not even hit 30k km). I was given a quote of P21k. When I went over the list, P11k of the P21k estimate came from these extra services: engine flush, fuel decarbonizing, radiator flush, fuel treatment, engine detailing. Do other Toyota dealers also recommend these extra services? I don’t plan on availing of any of these extra services as they are not part of Toyota’s official maintenance schedule.
    every dealer does that, po.
    it is up to the costumer, to say "yung basic na lang po. next time na lang yung iba. wala sa budget, e".
    good luck.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Wow, more than half if the bill is trash? Garapalan na ito!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Lahat naman ng casa ganun. The radiator flush tho, pls take that at 40k kms.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Wow, more than half if the bill is trash? Garapalan na ito!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    Yeah was surprised at the quote. I had been going to Toyota Makati since the car was new; this is my first experience with Toyota Alabang since I moved to Paranaque middle of last year. I plan to go back to Toyota Makati for my 40k PMS, wala masyado unnecessary extras doon because the dealership is owned by Toyota.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    every dealer does that, po.
    it is up to the costumer, to say "yung basic na lang po. next time na lang yung iba. wala sa budget, e".
    good luck.
    Ang kawawa mga new car owners and car owners that aren’t into cars/car maintenance who blindly follow what the SA recommends. I’m sure dami na na-biktima sa Toyota Alabang and other dealerships.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Lahat naman ng casa ganun. The radiator flush tho, pls take that at 40k kms.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    not necessary bro. factory coolant is long life na..wala pang rust yan

8. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    I went to a Dealership last weekend. At the parts counter there was this lady asking for a car remote battery (CR2032) replacement. The man at the counter was kind enough to install the battery sa remote. Then the lady asked, "how much?". The man said, "P480.00." Muntik na akong mahulog sa upuan... Diyos ko.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask Rider Blac View Post
    I went to a Dealership last weekend. At the parts counter there was this lady asking for a car remote battery (CR2032) replacement. The man at the counter was kind enough to install the battery sa remote. Then the lady asked, "how much?". The man said, "P480.00." Muntik na akong mahulog sa upuan... Diyos ko.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk
    Wow. CR2032 costs P30 at True value.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Wow. CR2032 costs P30 at True value.
    And generic ones at "Dollar" stores like Daiso or Japan Home (or similar) have them in packs of 8 (mixed 2032, 2025, and 2016) for like P80.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast