New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Good day all. I've been lusting after the 100 series cruisers and would love to own one sometime soon, in particular the 2000-2002 US import LX470 as there seem to be quite a few out there, plus they seem to be cheaper than their LC counterpart. I am hoping current owners or those who had one before could chime in and share their ownership experience with these beasts. I also have a few questions regarding the LC100/LX470:

1. What were the variants released locally? As far as I know the only variant released was the LC100 manual with I6 Diesel. Was the LX470 released locally?
    2. Which variants to go for, which variants to avoid? I'm only looking for automatics, so that narrows it down a bit. I initially wanted diesel but I think the 2UZ Gas V8 has proven record of reliability so I'm not counting it out, although I'm slightly concerned with the fuel consumption.
    3. Anything else I should know about with these vehicles? Should I be aware of rust with the US import LX/LC? Anything to look out for before buying?

I'm hoping I could get insight from owners or previous owners, just so I could have an idea of ownership before seriously considering a purchase. Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    The local 100s were 1HDT/5MT equipped w/ a comfier but less durable Independent Front Suspension(+ rack & pinion) against the 80's rigid axle. This was a 1st for the LandCruiser. They were also pretty much equipped like the 80 with rear barn doors & exposed spare.
    I would rather lust for the 105 which recalled the 80's suspension back. These were released after some clamor to retain the rigid fronts. The 100's suspension was deemed a downgrade. Africa, South America, MidEast & Oz were the lucky markets. I see very few of these imports around every now & then.
    The 100 is the more refined but less sought LC. Still a very solid car. The imported LX? They were just a luxury, softer & electronified petrol+ AT version of the bulletproof local utility 100.
    ToyotaPh still provides very good support for '96up locally released Cruisers. Anything from minor fasteners to major parts, they're either stocked or shipped in for you.
    If not a 105, I'd go local 100. Easy to own tanks.
    Follow ASPW, a true Cruiser guy, for everything LC & Overlanding....
    The Cost of Restoring a 20-Year old Land Cruiser. Was it worth it? - YouTube
    For the price of a used 105 below? I'd go 30th Anni I6 LC76.Land Cruiser 100 series (LC100/LX470) Ownership

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Less durable? How often do you replace suspension parts lol. Go for the softer option tagtagness could cause back pain😅

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Less durable? How often do you replace suspension parts lol. Go for the softer option tagtagness could cause back painLand Cruiser 100 series (LC100/LX470) Ownership
    Those into LCs know what they're looking for.Land Cruiser 100 series (LC100/LX470) Ownership

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Land Cruiser 100 series (LC100/LX470) Ownership