New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Good day mga pros! The car is a 1998 Toyota Corolla GLI A/T. I recently had the transmission repaired due to leaks. After the repairs, I noticed that the fuel consumption increased, I used to get around 8km/l. Now I am down to 5.5km/l sometimes even 5km/l. Prior to the A/T repair, I had it tuned up and the motor oil was just changed. I followed the formula that was posted here in order to determine the km/l. I used to get between 240k to 270k before I refill on gas. Now I only have 200k and I have to go to the gas station already. My daily route is QC to Mandaluyong lang po, 7 days a week give or take. Just yesterday, I had the IAC kit replaced, since I was experiencing hard starting during mornings and during in between hours like parking at the office and going home. I am not an expert with this, I have been reading on some info from the internet. Does this car have an O2 Sensor for the gas/air mixture? I was told yesterday at Banawe na that my car does not have an O2 Sensor? I am just observing the performance since the IAC kit was replaced. Any other ideas mga pros, kung anu pang mga culprit sa increased fuel consumption? Thanks in advance and Happy Halloween everyone! Godbless!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hindi talaga ako marunong sa mga kotse.

Pero may experience na ako ganyan sa Corolla ko...may bago na akong kotse na vios kasi medyo luma na corolla ko. Sa November pa darating yung unit..pero October ako nagbayad.

Anyways, check mo yung idling mo since nagpapalit ka ng IAC. baka mas mataas pa yan sa 1k rpm with or without aircon. I guess kaya mo pinalitan yung IAC kasi kapag nagon yung aircon, namamatay. Dapat nasa 1k lang yung idle mo...yun din yung akin.

Sana makatulong to.

PS: check mo rin sa tire pressure...pag di tama yung tire pressure, mas malakas kumain ng gas kaysa sa normal.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Thanks for the reply bro liempo! Before nga nagawa ang A/T at napalitan ang IAC kit, naalala ko nga na mejo mataas ang normal na idle, nasa 1k nga din. Sige sir papataas ko ng konti and see if it solves the issue! Thanks again bro and Godbless!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by LiempoBoi View Post
    Hindi talaga ako marunong sa mga kotse.

Pero may experience na ako ganyan sa Corolla ko...may bago na akong kotse na vios kasi medyo luma na corolla ko. Sa November pa darating yung unit..pero October ako nagbayad.

Anyways, check mo yung idling mo since nagpapalit ka ng IAC. baka mas mataas pa yan sa 1k rpm with or without aircon. I guess kaya mo pinalitan yung IAC kasi kapag nagon yung aircon, namamatay. Dapat nasa 1k lang yung idle mo...yun din yung akin.

Sana makatulong to.

PS: check mo rin sa tire pressure...pag di tama yung tire pressure, mas malakas kumain ng gas kaysa sa normal.
    Ilan b dpt

An inquiry for Toyota Corolla Lovelife...