New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    From Inquirer:

By Edwin Fernandez
    Inquirer

CAMP SIONGCO, Shariff Kabunsuan–An alert used clothing (ukay-ukay) vendor, police and military authorities yesterday foiled a bombing attempt in a densely populated public market in Tacurong City.
    Lt. Col. Julieto Ando, spokesperson of the military’s 6th Infantry Division, said a suspected terrorist group allied with the Abu Sayyaf and Jemaah Islamiyah planted a powerful improvised explosive device (IED) at a stall selling used clothing along a busy street in Tacurong City, an agricultural city rocked by more than a dozen bomb attacks in the past two years.
    The vendor noticed the explosive left unattended near the stall of his merchandise at about 7 a.m. He immediately carried the device to a children’s park and reported his discovery to the police.
    “He actually prevented what could have been a bloody Wednesday morning,” Ando told the Inquirer.
    1Lt. Francis Señoron, team leader of the Army’s bomb disposal team, promptly defused the home-made bomb and prevented injuries and death to innocent civilians.
    He described the IED as “very powerful.” It was fashioned from three live 60 mm mortar projectiles packed with jagged fragments of cast iron, nails, and rigged with a battery-operated trigger mechanism.
    Ando said the IED was placed inside a black bag left by still unidentified men at a makeshift stall owned by Joselito Baylon, a dealer of imported used clothing.
    “It would have hurt many people and caused major damage,” said city police chief, Supt. Teng Tocao.
    “One of the workers of Mr. Baylon was so vigilant that he immediately suspected the bag left unattended by a man,” Ando said.
    “What is remarkable was that he risked his life by carrying the bag and brought it to the plaza where no one would be hit should the bomb explode,” Ando said.
    Baylon told police he has no known enemies.
    sana ganito nangyari sa glorietta!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    This guy's a hero, he had the guts to carry a live bomb to a safer place. If it had been me, I would've soiled my pants.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    definitely, 100% Hero....

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    that guy is either real brave or real stupid kung ako yun, i would've just told the authorities about it and be on my way.

had the bomb exploded while it was being carried, baka siya pa pag bintangang suicide bomber

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    that guy is either real brave or real stupid kung ako yun, i would've just told the authorities about it and be on my way.

had the bomb exploded while it was being carried, baka siya pa pag bintangang suicide bomber
    +1

IED's are very unstable explosives and you don't know what will trigger it to explode. The best thing to do when faced with the same situation is to call the authorities and keep people far away from the IED. Any case thank god we didn't have another incident similar to Glorietta.

Sa Tacurong na naman, lagi na lang binobomba tong lugar na to.

Good thing there's that brave guy!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Bakit unknown yung hero natin? Baka gagantihan siya ?

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    This guy is really of a rare breed. Bihira tayong makakita ng ganito katapang na mamayanan .

I hope that the president can give him an envelope, este, reward for his heroic deed.

Mr. Baylon, sana manalo po kayo sa Lotto!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saludo kami sa kanya! Hero ka!

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    IED is a booby trap a homemade bomb also called IMPROVISED EXPLOSIVE DEVICE. The worst part is you dont know whats in it ,since there is no signature(non stardard) could have been anything. Maybe biological or just plain bolts and nails on the inside.

Ukay-ukay Vendor Stops Bombing!