New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Hi APV people New member here looking around collecting information about the unit. Plano ko rin kasi kumuha ng APV. This is one of the choices I plan to get. The other is either Innova or Avanza.

I receive a quote from Suzuki Iloilo and attaching the same. Ano sa tingin nyo mahal ba to or tama lang? I prefer to get the M/T pero konti lang ang deperensya ng A/T so I'm torn in between. This is more for the wifey kasi OFW ako. From that view the A/T tranny is the best choice. What are your views of manual vs automatic?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3537003/suzuki-apv2-price.JPG

More power to this group

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    if you can have the downpayment bigger then it will greatly help and lessen your monthly payments. price is not so different here in manila.

and ask for more freebies!!! 2 din-headunit with backing camera and sensors, lcd tv headrests!
    Last edited by olidotcom; December 13th, 2012 at 04:22 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Thanks olidotcom good advice . I will bug the SA to provide more freebies I hope she will oblige. As for the downpayment yes I agree 100%. The shorter the amortization the better. Magamit pa sa iba ang interest.

Quote Originally Posted by olidotcom View Post
    if you can have the downpayment bigger then it will greatly help and lessen your monthly payments. price is not so different here in manila.

and ask for more freebies!!! 2 din-headunit with backing camera and sensors, lcd tv headrests!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bibimidi View Post
    Hi APV people New member here looking around collecting information about the unit. Plano ko rin kasi kumuha ng APV. This is one of the choices I plan to get. The other is either Innova or Avanza.

I receive a quote from Suzuki Iloilo and attaching the same. Ano sa tingin nyo mahal ba to or tama lang? I prefer to get the M/T pero konti lang ang deperensya ng A/T so I'm torn in between. This is more for the wifey kasi OFW ako. From that view the A/T tranny is the best choice. What are your views of manual vs automatic?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3537003/suzuki-apv2-price.JPG

More power to this group
    Good day sir bibimidi, I got this at Suzuki in E. Rodriguez branch in Quezon City. Metro Manila.
    Maybe this would give you and idea about the pricing here.

Quote Originally Posted by bibimidi View Post
    Thanks olidotcom good advice . I will bug the SA to provide more freebies I hope she will oblige. As for the downpayment yes I agree 100%. The shorter the amortization the better. Magamit pa sa iba ang interest.
    I also agree with the higher down paymet to lower the amortization.

The Innova and Avanza are good cars. I would choose a diesel Innova for
    best fuel economy or an easy to drive 7-seater Avanza but I need the space
    so I bought an apv. Even if all these cars have this third row seat,I like the
    higher head room and wider leg room of the apv. The apv is not that too
    short or long and not that wide so it is easy to drive through the narrow
    streets here in Manila. Traffic is sometimes terrible here and it's an advantage
    to use an automatic transmission for me. Though it consumes more fuel than
    a manual, you don't have to step on the clutch and shift to proper gearing.

Just my opinion, thank you.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by keno4864 View Post
    Good day sir bibimidi, I got this at Suzuki in E. Rodriguez branch in Quezon City. Metro Manila.
    Maybe this would give you and idea about the pricing here.

<snip>
    Just my opinion, thank you.
    Thanks keno4864 good tip from you. Malaki pala ang deperensya ng pricing ng Manila sa Visayas. But I understand it must be due to shipping cost and everything. My only concern is the APV FC which is higher than average OOTB. Dapat e break in mo muna bago ka makakuha ng magandang FC. Para rin kasi ito kay mrs ko. I think this will suit her best being a woman driver and first time at that. I plan to do a test drive on all the target units pag uwi ko. I just hope walang price increase next year otherwise patay tayo hehe

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I drove my friend's APV (Type 1) and torque is really bad IMO. Ganyan din ba sa Type II? That's why I think the Innova a/t seems better if you are willing to pay the higher cost (993k gas matic, Manila price).

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    When I was shopping for a car in '08, the APV caught my eye. It was new, spacious and different from the Innovas and Adventures plying the roads then. Good thing I did not buy one because 4 years and the APV looks dated and ugly on the road. Uglier than the older Innova and Adventures, imho.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Some people put a premium in the looks department when shopping for their vehicle while others consider overall performance that suit their needs. So to each his own ika nga.

Does anyone know if Suzuki is releasing a new APV this year? I don't know their release cycle maybe someone can chime in.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Maybe you can go to Manila, buy an APV then drive it straight to Visayas. Pagdating mo diyan, break-in na.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Good idea in fact that idea crossed my mind couple of times . However I still have to know the routes to take including the RORO option and the cost to incur. Assignment ko pa ito hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Maybe you can go to Manila, buy an APV then drive it straight to Visayas. Pagdating mo diyan, break-in na.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Pricing from sales agent