New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Good day sirs/maams

I just bought this car brand new just last Thursday from Kalookan Branch, when I popped the hood at home, I saw these.. Im a newbie with cars, so can anyone please tell me if this is normal or should I get my unit replaced.

Here is the link to the pics
    rust | Facebook

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Bro better bring back the car and ask for replacement on the rust part. You bought a brand new unit and not a second hand. Claim the warranty

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hmm. normally na rurust naman talaga yan exhaust manifold kasi iron ata yan pero bakit parang it looks like it came from a ten year old car

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev01veR View Post
    Good day sirs/maams

I just bought this car brand new just last Thursday from Kalookan Branch, when I popped the hood at home, I saw these.. Im a newbie with cars, so can anyone please tell me if this is normal or should I get my unit replaced.

Here is the link to the pics
    rust | Facebook
    Although you can try claiming warranty as mentioned by "Revo", I doubt if they would replace it since rust of this particular part (exhaust manifold) is expected.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    hmm. normally na rurust naman talaga yan exhaust manifold kasi iron ata yan pero bakit parang it looks like it came from a ten year old car
    It's just surface rust.

My main guess, the car was in storage for a while so it was dirty. Before it was delivered, the dealer had it cleaned including the engine bay. They used a pressure washer but did not dry the engine that well, leaving some water on the exhaust manifold which resulted in the rust stains when it later dried.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    masyado ka atang na-excite sa swift mo.

TS...di mo ba tiningnan kabuuan ng unit mo bago mo in-accept at iniuwi ang car mo?
    sana dun pa lang, nakita na yang kalawang.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    kahit may rust the best pa rin yan swift. pa-detail mo na lang tapos post mo pics dito haha. sorry OT ano color swift mo?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    kahit may rust the best pa rin yan swift. pa-detail mo na lang tapos post mo pics dito haha. sorry OT ano color swift mo?
    yung sa FB nya....red.
    ganda......

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    that is normal.

some parts of vehicles are normally not painted or rust-proof for practical reasons. Exhaust manifold is most probably one of those. And when these are exposed to moisture, rust can form on the surface. but just to give you some peace of mind, exhaust manifolds are made of thick metals and such rust won't affect their long-term durability.

now if you find rust on the body work, that is a different story.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's normal but still not in a brand new car... Ako dapat magpakalawang hinde sila...have them replace or fix it...or Basta ask for something in return a free full detailing or something

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast