New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Mga Sir patulong naman sa problem ng sasakyan namin, mga possible problem..

Well the problem we are encountering right now with the car is when we accelerating it, engine will going to choke a bit then ung check engine light nya is flashing, meron akong nabasa na misfiring daw, at palitan na ang mga sparkplugs, e bago naman ang mga sparkplugs neto, and napansin din namin na meron irregularities sa idling nya, meron times na ang taas ng Idling nya den ba baba..

any thoughts?? your response to this matter will be highly appreciated, medyo worried kasi ako, baka ano na ang sira at baka lumalala pa ...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    please check on fuel pump.. baka pumapalya na..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    ok sir salamat, pero nothing serious naman right? or baka daw yung fuel injection nya is barado..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    need help

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by benedictsponce View Post
    ok sir salamat, pero nothing serious naman right? or baka daw yung fuel injection nya is barado..
    yes, its possible injectors are clogged as well. but most of the time, this needs some tracing style diagnosis.. you can start from the fuel tank going to the tubes, then pump, then engine/injectors.. or vice versa.. check all where the fuel goes or comes from.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    This happened to me years ago on my '97 Esteem. It is the gas. Use another brand. Petron and Shell are still having issues due to leaking pipeline, which is a serious concern for contamination. They also admitted to having outdated refining facilities.

I did change my fuel filter and the plugs. I realize it was NOT the fuel filter since another car was affected too and upon inspection the new filter got residues. Just make sure that the spark plugs are of correct specifications and the distributor cap is not cracked or the O-ring is still soft and elastic - clean the insides with compressed air to remove moisture. The plastics can become brittle - price of the genuine rotor is better than replacement, so buy it from the dealer.

Suzuki Esteem 1997 MT Wagon Problem