New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Guys,

am looking at buying a yoko geolander AT to replace the BF goodrich am currently using. my concern is the Subic Paj i bought does not have the spoilers (?) in the fender. the tires am currently using has 30x9.5r15 specs and the one am planning to buy has 31x10.5r15. with the increase in width, hindi ba pangit tignan if portion of the tire is out of the body? or what other size would you recommend?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: do you want to consider other brands?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    baiskee,
    budget ko is for yoko lang and am quite satisfied with the reviews i have read.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Spoiler... hmmmm me thinks you were referring to fender flares or flexi flares in some countires. You can still opt for 31x10.5R15, optional fender flares are readily available from reputable 4x4 shops. It's not the exact look as the OE flares but it will perform its duties still the same.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    The yoko AT are good tires. The wider tire size is also taller so may affect your overall gearing. If using a diesel then may reduce torque.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can go up to a 33" tire on a Pajero 4d56 before having gearing problems.

A 31x10.5R15 tire will not look out of proportion on a Pajero (I have seen it, GEN I and GEN II).

Now what you have to consider is what rim are you using? Ideal rim width for a 10.5" tire is 7", you probably have a 6" rim. Yes it will still work. But some people get really anal about it and shift to 7" rims. Btw, I'm running 12.5" tires on a 7" rim. The recommended rim for my tire is around 8".

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Ungas,
    your right thats what i'm referring to the fender flares (not spoiler), i did ask around before but the price quoted to me was around P16-20K for the four set (which is already my budget for the tires). is this really the selling price?

OTEP,
    the rim (mags) i'm using is similar to your blue pajero on the picture (had the orig mags traded at t. mapua). is it 6 or 7 inches? another question (pardon my ignorance), when you say 6" rim is that the diameter of the mags?

thanks for the inputs

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sad to say those quoted prices are common for fender flares.

OEM rim sizes are locally sold have standard 15x7 for older SUVs while newer batches are sold with 16x7. 15s & 16s indicating rim diameter while 7 is the rim width. Some imported SUVs sporting 18x6 rims.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My rims are 7" (that is width). It is 15" in diameter. It is the ideal size for a 31X10.5R15 tire.

We have used a similar set-up on our GEN I Pajero. The tires did not portrude outside of the bodywork.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    yoko ATs are great tires. good ride quality din...they wear out about 20% faster than others, pero that's because of the softer compound. if you're set on yokos na talaga, get the AT geolandars AT+2, because the at+1 version has an even softer compound that will wear as fast as the tyres of a compact car.

sayang, will sell you mine pa naman. medjo nabibigatan kasi crv ko sa geolandars e, gasoline kasi. pero i've got 225/70/15s..medjo maliit for your vehicle.

if your pajero is the flat roof, non-cladded type, you'll have more tyre choices dun sa orig rims nya...15s lang ata yun, 205 pa. pero since you upgraded, you have little choice but to go all terrain na...or yung tyres ng everest (dueler HT...they come in the sizes you speak of).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
advise on tires