New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I just want to know what are the advantages/dis-advantages of using wheel spacers and upto what size (thikness) is allowable. Right now i am planning to use a 12mm universal wheel spacers to correct my wheels (rims) offset.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jake1210 View Post
    I just want to know what are the advantages/dis-advantages of using wheel spacers and upto what size (thikness) is allowable. Right now i am planning to use a 12mm universal wheel spacers to correct my wheels (rims) offset.
    Advantage: You could mount your new rim to correct the offset.

Disadvatage: Extra expense, ugly.

Before buying spacers you must know you car wheel offset and the rim that your goin to use. You must know this so you can caculate how many MM of spacer that your goin to put. If you used too thick spacer your wheel will stake out, then youll going to have a problem of rubbing the fender. What kind of car are you driving anyway?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Main disadvantage is the suspension geometry will change, putting more stress on the suspension components than normal because you're essentially increasing the lever arm so the unsprung weight (wheels, control arms, etc) will put a heavier load due to the longer moment arm.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Main disadvantage is the suspension geometry will change, putting more stress on the suspension components than normal because you're essentially increasing the lever arm so the unsprung weight (wheels, control arms, etc) will put a heavier load due to the longer moment arm.

well said...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The most important stress will be on your lugs. If your spacer is too thick, there won't be enough thread left for the nuts to hold onto. They could loosen easily, wear out, or even break prematurely because of the stress. If you need to use thick spacers and they leave very little of the thread on the lugs showing, consider buying longer lugs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    In addition to what Niky said it might be better to measure the spacer, then find lugs that have an additional amount identical to the spacer width. That way it's just a wider stance but the lugs can still thread properly.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    sa 12mm wala na kakapitan yung nut sa bolt. 5mm is about the max allowable without replacing the studs.

Wheel Spacers Advantages / Dis-advantages