New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i have a galant vr, and everytime i hit the brake moedrate to hard a hear a screeching sound. I had all my brake pads checked and makapal pa all 4 of them. do anyone know what might be the problem? what solutions you hav. warped na kaya yung brake discs ko?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If warp na yun brake disc mo ma feel mo yun sa pedal parang naka ABS ka, pumping motion ika nga. Di kaya tires mo yun nag screech? :twisted: Kidding aside. baka there's something lodge between your disc and your pads.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ale828,

baka naman yung disk plate kelangan nang i-reface, o kaya di match yung brake pads mo sa plate kaya umiingit.

try mo yung mas malambot na brake pads. yung pa-reface pala would cost P800 sa servitek.

HTH.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828
    i have a galant vr, and everytime i hit the brake moedrate to hard a hear a screeching sound. I had all my brake pads checked and makapal pa all 4 of them. do anyone know what might be the problem? what solutions you hav. warped na kaya yung brake discs ko?
    If one or more of your discs are warped, you will feel pulsations thru your brake pedal. If not, they should still be fine. You're probably hearing a high pitched noise(squeeling) that is caused by high frequency vibration of the brake pads. You can switch to softer pads or use a spray-on brake pad compound. Pretty common item over here, it's called CRC Disc Brake Quiet. They should have something like this over there that's similar. You remove the pads and spray this on the outside... not on the surface that contacts the disc...let dry(it will stay tacky) and reinstall. Make sure you don't get any of this on the disc and any surface that will contact the disc. If you do, just clean it with brake cleaner.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanks guys. my brakes doesn't pulsate and hindi naman bumaba yung stopping power. gonna try your suggestions.

brake sound