New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Patulong naman. I realize there’s a TPMS thread, but this isn’t as high tech.

Tsikoteers know how important proper tire inflation is, so I need recommendations for a good tire pressure gauge sana. Digital or analog is ok, wag lang yung pinaka old style na “slide rule” type. Ones that you actually use and have tested, Price is not too great a consideration (within reason) but accuracy is non-negotiable (otherwise useless din).

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    By the way, I currently have three. Two made by Coido, yung all metal upper tier models nila costing around P350+ and one forgotten brand that I’ve had for more than 20 yrs that cost around P600 back in `99 (mahal na yun back then) All analog.

The P600 model was super accurate, sobra tiwala ako sa readings niya dati but its now showing its age, and its’s been dropped countless times na rin (hindi maiwasan), so the needle fluctuates a bit na. Hindi na maasahan so needs to be replaced.

Coido #1 & #2 have around 2 PSI variations from each other naman, isa mataas, isa mababa reading (ewan ko alin ang tama dun sa dalawa) but Coido #1 reads the same as the gas station air pump na automatic, while Coido #2 reads the same as the P600 model.

Mahirap makipagsapalaran sa maling gauge, lalo na sa bulok nating mga kalsada, so need ko ng tulong maghanap ng matinong kapalit sana.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    By the way, I currently have three. Two made by Coido, yung all metal upper tier models nila costing around P350+ and one forgotten brand that I’ve had for more than 20 yrs that cost around P600 back in `99 (mahal na yun back then) All analog.

The P600 model was super accurate, sobra tiwala ako sa readings niya dati but its now showing its age, and its’s been dropped countless times na rin (hindi maiwasan), so the needle fluctuates a bit na. Hindi na maasahan so needs to be replaced.

Coido #1 & #2 have around 2 PSI variations from each other naman, isa mataas, isa mababa reading (ewan ko alin ang tama dun sa dalawa) but Coido #1 reads the same as the gas station air pump na automatic, while Coido #2 reads the same as the P600 model.

Mahirap makipagsapalaran sa maling gauge, lalo na sa bulok nating mga kalsada, so need ko ng tulong maghanap ng matinong kapalit sana.
    i don't know.
    are digital models more accurate?

what i did with my cheap plastic analog model,
    is to have it calibrated against another meter with known accuracy.
    after a few years, ok pa naman.

plastic-bodied models versus metal-bodied models,
    i suspect, pareho lang ang innards nila.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Naku doc, I've bought 2 cheap plastic models, ang layo ng readings talaga (useless, so sayang pera)

May nagsabi sa akin dati... "The cheapest can sometimes be the most expensive (in the long run)" It turns out they were right, but I didn't listen...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    Naku doc, I've bought 2 cheap plastic models, ang layo ng readings talaga (useless, so sayang pera)

May nagsabi sa akin dati... "The cheapest can sometimes be the most expensive (in the long run)" It turns out they were right, but I didn't listen...
    calibrate it, po.

if you do not want to open it, sulatan nyo ng pentel pen sa clear plastic, ang correct readings.
    the springs are usually linear, naman. it's just a matter of writing down the right numbers.
    kasi, things can happen during transport and storage by the manufacturer or dealer.

consult youtube for their recommendations, and hope they are available here.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 20th, 2021 at 01:21 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    One of them has a valve na pwedeng pihitin with the right tool (perhaps long nose pliers will work), pang calibrate nga siguro yun, but ang main problem ko is yung accurate na reference to calibrate it with din eh.

The blind cannot lead the blind!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    we were lucky.
    meron kasi kaming gauge that has proven accurate over the years. it's a bigger unit of italian make, about 4 inches diameter yung face. i believe it's called a tire inflator gun. we use it in our vespa compressor.
    all we needed was a t-tube (available from our office lab, heh heh).
    Last edited by dr. d; December 20th, 2021 at 01:33 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    I see those din sa stores, yung may hoses na parang pwede ikabit nga sa compressor but I've never used one. Akala ko you might need to buy a compressor pa to use it. (ignorant me)

Baka you can name the brand and or model here so I can consider looking for one?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Incidentally, talking about analog vs. digital, we have an ancient mercury based sphygmomanometer from the 60's doc. It's huge and comes with its built in metal case (ambigat!). The doctors in the family say it can still go toe to toe with any modern day Omron Even if the latter have those fancy talking voices pa...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I have this Accutire which I bought from Amazon almost 7 years ago. The readouts sits well with the readouts from my TPMS, so I'm sure it's still accurate.

Accutire MS-4021B Digital Tire Pressure Gauge

Only two issues I've had with it, which were easily fixed...

1. Rubber coating became sticky after a couple of years - Wiped it off with alcohol.
    2. Batteries (3x LR44) frequently loses contact due to cell-to-cell corrosion (not leakage) - Put on some dielectric grease.
    Last edited by oj88; December 20th, 2021 at 07:40 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Tire Pressure Gauge Recommendations?