New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i have a 94 civic hb...

i went to cruven today and got an estimation for my front suspension...

4 ball joint...1400php
    2 rack end...700
    2 tie rod end...700
    2 suspension arm bushings...1100
    4 upper suspension bushings...2200
    wheel alignment...400
    labor...1100

thats a total of 7600php...does this sound about right? i have this weird feeling that theyre charging me a little bit more than i expected cause im a fil am...any advice would help...i just want an honest shop...TIA

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aQord View Post
    i have a 94 civic hb...

4 ball joint...1400php
    2 rack end...700
    2 tie rod end...700
    wheel alignment...400
    labor...1100

thats a total of 7600php...does this sound about right? i have this weird feeling that theyre charging me a little bit more than i expected cause im a fil am...any advice would help...i just want an honest shop...TIA
    sir what type of work does cruven will do to your car? inject or replcement of parts? i been a cruven customer before and they didnt charge for wheel alignment but they will just use the primitive way of alignment using strings. but its effective.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aQord View Post
    i have a 94 civic hb...

4 ball joint...1400php
    2 rack end...700
    2 tie rod end...700
    wheel alignment...400
    labor...1100

I think di pa kasama labor cost diyan. Nagpa estimate na rin ako diyan sa Cruven before. Lumalabas, mas mahal pa kaysa bumili ka ng new replacement parts. Try mo pa estimate sa M7 sa Aurora Boulevard, San Juan kung masa mura.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    you know what guys? i do think there are charging me a little too much. i remember when i brought in my car before i had my sunglasses stolen in my car. it was just a cheap pair of sunglasses but its the fact that they took it. also, i asked the owner how much labor is for an oil change and he said 400php and then when i asked the one in charge of the shop he said 450php. its like wow...this guy is trying to make money off of me. also one time i had my brake kit replaced and they were trying to charge me 6700php and i guess he sensed that i wasnt gonna pay that much so the next day he said that he found a second hand brake kit for 3200 so i decided to pay for that. the kit didnt even look second hand...it looked pretty brand new to me. i just dont wanna deal with dishonest shops...any recomendations? shops that is... TIA

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by raine View Post
    sir what type of work does cruven will do to your car? inject or replcement of parts? i been a cruven customer before and they didnt charge for wheel alignment but they will just use the primitive way of alignment using strings. but its effective.
    sir the estimate you got is correct. i went there a month ago and got exactly the same estimate. the good thing about cruven is their ball joint repair system. they will remake your ball joints, tie rod and rack end to make it last for years. i've learn their process because i was able to talk to the owner itself. mukhang totoo naman ang sinasabe nya regarding their suspension rebuilding system...

http://www.cruven.net/

the only thing i noticed with them is that may kamahalan ang mga replacement parts (for example - bushings) nila...

for example:

upper suspension arm bushing - 550/pc * 2 (one side only) = P1,100
    + upper ball joint repair = P350

total = P1,450

P1,450 mas mahal pa ito sa replacement part - brand: Optimum / Price: P1,300

***i am facing the same dilemma with regards to front suspension problems... ikaw ba papa rebuild mo sa cruven ang front suspension arm mo for total of P1,450 against sa pagbili mo ng whole replacement OEM assy for P1,300 (brand new)?

***here is my decision with this problem - Cruven is indeed an underschassis expert. no question about that, there are numerous reviews here in Tsikot and HCP. They are really good in repairing your underchassis.

What i Plan to do with my Honda EG Front suspension:

Buy OEM parts (here's the rundown)
    -Lower suspension arm bushing (big) - 550/pc (c/o honda QAVE)
    -buy whole upper arm assy - choice between Orig 555 (P3,000) or Optimum (replacement) Price: 1,300
    -buy stabilizer links and stabilizer clamp bushings

**bibilin ko lahat ng bushings plus upper arm assy para sure ako na OEM talaga ang mabibili ko then dadalin ko sa knla para ma install nila at the same time ang papagawa ko lang sa kanila ay ang:

Tie Rod End P350 * 2 = P700
    Rack End P350 * 2 = P700
    Lower ball joint P350 * 4 = P1400

total is P2800

***in this way sigurado akong tatagal lahat ng bushings is at OEM specs. the only thing na papagawa ko sa kanila ay yung tie rod / rack end / ball joint rebuild which they do best. honestly mura yan (350 per repair).

lastly, one thing i learned about suspension / underchassis is that hinde pwede tipirin dahil pwersado ang mga parts na ito. meaning kelangan talaga orig part that will last for years and ilalagay mo dito since those joints are holding the weight of the car. so we better invest some cash on that

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mikhailer View Post
    sir the estimate you got is correct. i went there a month ago and got exactly the same estimate. the good thing about cruven is their ball joint repair system. they will remake your ball joints, tie rod and rack end to make it last for years. i've learn their process because i was able to talk to the owner itself. mukhang totoo naman ang sinasabe nya regarding their suspension rebuilding system...

http://www.cruven.net/

the only thing i noticed with them is that may kamahalan ang mga replacement parts (for example - bushings) nila...

for example:

upper suspension arm bushing - 550/pc * 2 (one side only) = P1,100
    + upper ball joint repair = P350

total = P1,450

P1,450 mas mahal pa ito sa replacement part - brand: Optimum / Price: P1,300

***i am facing the same dilemma with regards to front suspension problems... ikaw ba papa rebuild mo sa cruven ang front suspension arm mo for total of P1,450 against sa pagbili mo ng whole replacement OEM assy for P1,300 (brand new)?

***here is my decision with this problem - Cruven is indeed an underschassis expert. no question about that, there are numerous reviews here in Tsikot and HCP. They are really good in repairing your underchassis.

What i Plan to do with my Honda EG Front suspension:

Buy OEM parts (here's the rundown)
    -Lower suspension arm bushing (big) - 550/pc (c/o honda QAVE)
    -buy whole upper arm assy - choice between Orig 555 (P3,000) or Optimum (replacement) Price: 1,300
    -buy stabilizer links and stabilizer clamp bushings

**bibilin ko lahat ng bushings plus upper arm assy para sure ako na OEM talaga ang mabibili ko then dadalin ko sa knla para ma install nila at the same time ang papagawa ko lang sa kanila ay ang:

Tie Rod End P350 * 2 = P700
    Rack End P350 * 2 = P700
    Lower ball joint P350 * 4 = P1400

total is P2800

***in this way sigurado akong tatagal lahat ng bushings is at OEM specs. the only thing na papagawa ko sa kanila ay yung tie rod / rack end / ball joint rebuild which they do best. honestly mura yan (350 per repair).

lastly, one thing i learned about suspension / underchassis is that hinde pwede tipirin dahil pwersado ang mga parts na ito. meaning kelangan talaga orig part that will last for years and ilalagay mo dito since those joints are holding the weight of the car. so we better invest some cash on that
    thanks for the advice mik...actually, thats what i plan on doing...just getting the parts myself and the rest, just have them work on it. i just bought a set of tanabe springs for my ride from migs of speedyfix. cant wait to put that on...thanks for all your help.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    no problem sir. just make sue you get OEM quality or better yet got to honda to get the parts para sure. tanabe springs? sarap nyan... drop it low. ganda tignan nyan sa honda EG. sali ka hcp bro...

http://www.hondaclub.com.ph/

look for the "tropang eg"... very helpful yang club na yan... you'll get a lot of info from there.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    no problem sir. just make sue you get OEM quality or better yet got to honda to get the parts para sure. tanabe springs? sarap nyan... drop it low. ganda tignan nyan sa honda EG. sali ka hcp bro...

look for the "tropang eg"... very helpful yang club na yan... you'll get a lot of info from there.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mikhailer View Post

actually, everyone's been telling me about hcp but for some reason they are not accepting new registration right now. kinda sucks cause i miss being back home with my mustang club and having bbqs and meet ups and cruising everywhere. if anyone out there has an extra account to spare i would really appreciate it. thanks mik.

estimation i got for my car...