New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Hello guys...

i have an ageing mitsubishi ASX...
    brakes are now spongy (again)...

brought it to CASA several times... and i guess nag process of elimination sila

1. Observation... meron naman daw brakes basta tapakan ng malakas... my issue was brakes were spongy in traffic... so they gave it a good bill of health...

2. Brought it outside of CASA, they said nobody does 'bleeding' of lines anymore due to ABS, it has to be done by CASA

3. Brought to another shop, specializes in Mitsubishi... didnt reply back when parts are available... and i kinda didnt like the shop, they are more of a supplier than car service shop

3. brought it to CASA again, coz i dont feel safe with the car, they told me to replace brake pads... okay... paid the price

4. still has the problem, observe... and they finally saw the problem, leak in Brake Master... okay, paid the price.

5. Car is better for 3 months, then spongy feel comes back again....

6. Of course will bring to CASA, but can someone pinpoint whats the real problem? Even told CASA to change the brake lines coz the rubber tubing can be the culprit (due to age of car)... but CASA says there no problem in the brake lines.

Any leads will be appreciated... either a good shop or if anyone has similar experience.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cta2 View Post
    Hello guys...

i have an ageing mitsubishi ASX...
    brakes are now spongy (again)...

brought it to CASA several times... and i guess nag process of elimination sila

1. Observation... meron naman daw brakes basta tapakan ng malakas... my issue was brakes were spongy in traffic... so they gave it a good bill of health...

2. Brought it outside of CASA, they said nobody does 'bleeding' of lines anymore due to ABS, it has to be done by CASA

3. Brought to another shop, specializes in Mitsubishi... didnt reply back when parts are available... and i kinda didnt like the shop, they are more of a supplier than car service shop

3. brought it to CASA again, coz i dont feel safe with the car, they told me to replace brake pads... okay... paid the price

4. still has the problem, observe... and they finally saw the problem, leak in Brake Master... okay, paid the price.

5. Car is better for 3 months, then spongy feel comes back again....

6. Of course will bring to CASA, but can someone pinpoint whats the real problem? Even told CASA to change the brake lines coz the rubber tubing can be the culprit (due to age of car)... but CASA says there no problem in the brake lines.

Any leads will be appreciated... either a good shop or if anyone has similar experience.

Thanks
    Hi!

What year model is you ASX?

Aside from the brake pads and the repair on the brake master, were there any attempts to try to replace the brake fluid and the brake calipers piston seals or repair kit? Has the CASA even tried to check the brake booster? Or the line going towards the booster?

As far as I know, brakes still can be bled even if it’s equipped with ABS. - Actually just did it a few days ago(last Tuesday & Wednesday actually) with my wife. It wasn’t even just bleeding but replacement of the old brake fluid itself. And of course, car is equipped with ABS.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    brake fluid is hygroscopic. it needs to be changed every 24-36mo regardless of usage. have that changed. There are plenty of shops that can change it and bleed it correctly.