New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Hi. I'm planning of getting a FXT SH 2010.
    Are there recommended shops outside Casa?

Is it true that maintenance of Subaru cars is almost as expensive as Euro Cars?

Thanks in Advance

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by cvt19 View Post
    Hi. I'm planning of getting a FXT SH 2010.
    Are there recommended shops outside Casa?

Is it true that maintenance of Subaru cars is almost as expensive as Euro Cars?

Thanks in Advance
    From experience same as our honda...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Had my kalampag fixed at Fusion R in E Rod, parts were ordered from the dealership (bushings), then had an oil change at fixstop in Congressional, they used the specified oil 0W20 Motul brand, mas mahal pa charge nila sa casa hehe,but man the performance is great.

4. Join Date
    May 2018
    Mga sirs, question lang po.
    It may have already been answered before but can you please educate me regarding the cost of maintaning a Subaru Forester?
    Gauge ko po budget ko if kakayanin or i-scrap out ko na lang hehe.
    Wifey and I really wanted it but reading from some forums that a tail light costs 30k each, a light cover costs 15k each.. a PMS is around 30k.. makes me want to look somewhere else considering it's my first time to own and just learned how to drive.

Appreciate your feedback po.. TIA!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by tsik_r2d2 View Post
    Mga sirs, question lang po.
    It may have already been answered before but can you please educate me regarding the cost of maintaning a Subaru Forester?
    Gauge ko po budget ko if kakayanin or i-scrap out ko na lang hehe.
    Wifey and I really wanted it but reading from some forums that a tail light costs 30k each, a light cover costs 15k each.. a PMS is around 30k.. makes me want to look somewhere else considering it's my first time to own and just learned how to drive.

Appreciate your feedback po.. TIA!
    Well its just like maintaining a honda...i purchase oil by the box, mga 20L ..oil filters at the casa..air filters at lazada..cost me around 3k per oil change..the thing to watch out for is the Xt's cvt at 40k kms..medyo madugo fluids..dun ko na sa casa ipapagawa...para sure...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Mag1 has 0w20 oil, it's rated Dexos 2 , api/sn , ilsac gf5. It's available at Ace Hdwe. Priced at 599/ltr.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    For atf fluids, I source it from ebay. Just bring it to a shop that performs atf dialysis.
    Bushings I get it from whitelineperformance.com, lasts longer than the ones from the casa.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Honda and Toyota seem cheaper to maintain kasi you can bring them to kanto shops etc. and also easy to get refurbished parts. So if plano mo talaga tipirin to the max, mahirap talaga talunin. Lalo na pag tipong gusto mo lang tumakbo, okay lang masiraan paminsan kasi kahit saan ka ma-tow madali paayos. Tipong pa-tow ka nalang sa taxi gamit lubid mode. Or wag na mag insurance bahala na si batman. "Pinapaltan paba oil filter? mahal e" mode. Or may suki ka na kuya-mekaniko na pupunta sa bahay mo sya pa bibili ng parts sa banawe -- ay walang laban Subaru sa tipiran jan.

Pero if you plan to maintain and baby your car, reliable dapat, palit part pag kailangan talaga, insured with free towing, sa reputable shops lang and new parts/OEM or yun tipong pag laspag na part, papalitan ng mas magandang aftermarket etc. -- competitive Subaru with Honda/Toyota na i-b-baby din to zero hassle.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Maybe the older Toyotas or Hondas but not the new models. Most of the newer cars are something alien to the usual mechanic unless he has solid experience maintaining them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i used to think, toyota was "boring reliable".
    but Cathy's recent experiences with her newer altis that she narrates here...

my office colleague has a subaru. "it needs more tlc than the other japanese brand na dating gamit niya."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast