New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    When you talk about easy availability of spare parts and economical maintenance, the benchmark here is Honda (H) and Toyota (T). I'm thinking of buying the new Forester but I'd like to know the situation on spare parts and maintenance for Subaru cars, as compared with maintaining a Honda or Toyota car for instance. Could you please give some experiences with this topic?
    1. Are spare parts as easy to come by as H or T? If not,how long do you have to wait to get them and from what sources?
    2. I'm given the impression that Subaru's are sturdy. If so, at what year of a car should I even consider getting spare parts to replace worn equipment?
    3. How much do the regular maintenace checks cost for the Forester? I've had conflicting feedback for the cost of the 1k checkup; MotorImage said P4600, while one owner said he spent P11k.
    4. How much more expensive are the oil filters, air filters, fan belts, and other regularly replaced items of the Forester as compared with the CRV or RAV4?

Hope you guys can give some good input.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    correction, for easy availability of parts and economical maintenance, it would be the Mitsubishi and the Toyota. Honda comes in next as well as Nissan.

sorry on your queries, cannot feedback. no information here.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    correction, for easy availability of parts and economical maintenance, it would be the Mitsubishi and the Toyota. Honda comes in next as well as Nissan.

sorry on your queries, cannot feedback. no information here.

Oops. My bad. hehehe. Maka Honda kasi ako eh Thanks for the correction.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Maka Honda din ako. Still am. Am currently driving an FXT though. Mala Honda ang subby (mas mahal lang ng konti) pero mas maganda i-drive at di sumasakit ang puwit ko.

I think by sturdiness they refer to body rigidity. So far, including small parts, I'd say panalo pa din ang Honda kasi halos di ko na chine check ang engine ko noon eh. Pero ang Honda, after 3 years, out na ang ride comfort. Ang Subaru meron pa din.

Spare parts? All my 2-year old FXT has needed so far are a whole set of fan belts and a new tire. Mabilis nasira sa lakas ng torque eh. Also mukhang malapit na ang brake pads ko kasi AT.

Sa bigger parts, I don't think may masisira within 6 years except for scheduled timing belt replacement or if you abuse/modify it. I add (subaru) coolant every 4 months or so, but the leaks are really very minor -- mukhang galing sa joints. Pinilipit na alambre type lang kasi yung dugtong eh.

A guy at my car wash had a 10-year old Legacy and that car looked MINT!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Pup2. I mentioned before that I heard someone pay P11k for a 1600km checkup and P19k for mudguards para sa Forester niya. HAHAHA Nagkamali pala siya. After looking at the receipt, P5k lang pala binayad niya for the checkup tapos P9500 for all four mudguards. HAY. Hilong-hilo siguro itong may ari ng Forester na ito hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bolJack View Post
    Pup2. I mentioned before that I heard someone pay P11k for a 1600km checkup and P19k for mudguards para sa Forester niya. HAHAHA Nagkamali pala siya. After looking at the receipt, P5k lang pala binayad niya for the checkup tapos P9500 for all four mudguards. HAY. Hilong-hilo siguro itong may ari ng Forester na ito hehehe.

Baka may 6K siyang ginastos na iba nung araw na yun ... .

Sabi sa iyo eh ... Yung akin tanda ko less than 4K pa nga dahil sa scp membership -- libre pa food and drinks sa mga party.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    san ba may nabibiling replacement parts for a 2002 Subaru forester? naghahanap ako ng mga autoshops na meron eh kaysa sa CASA. To be exact, front right fender, bumper, grille, right headlights and right cornering lights ang kailangan ko.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    you may wanna check out the vendors section of subaruclub.ph you may have to register sa forum to view it. meron naman iba vendors e aside from MI.

Spare parts and Maintenance