New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    This is it: All-new Subaru WRX to debut soon

Beyond that, Subaru has yet to reveal any details about the WRX. But thanks to previous spy photos, we have an idea of what it will eventually look like. If the spied images are to be believed, the front fascia will supposedly get Levorg-like headlights, along with a revised front grille. Around the back, the 2022 WRX appears to get a new set of C-shaped taillights, a redesigned trunk with what looks to be an integrated spoiler, and quad exhaust pipes.

As far are as the powertrain is concerned, there could be three possible engine choices. First is the turbocharged 2.0-liter FA20 used in the current WRX, which puts out 268 PS and 350 Nm of torque. Next, is the new FA24 turbocharged engine used in the Evoltis (aka Ascent) SUV. Finally, there's the new 1.8-liter turbo that is being used in the Levorg and the Forester Sport.

Subaru has yet to announce an official launch date for the all-new WRX. However, the company has already put up a dedicated website for the upcoming sports sedan. Subaru also confirmed that the WRX's launch will be live-streamed.
    I'd wish that they will bring back the WRX hatchback as well...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Wow the looks are a bit...
    Let's just say Subaru might have been spreading that Wilderness aesthetic to models that don't really need it.

New engine also brings barely any power and zero torque over the outgoing unit.

At least there's now an option for a proper auto instead of the CVT. If it works well this might be the transmission of choice for the WRX. The old 4EATs were very durable and could handle a lot more torque than the old WRX 5MT, and even the current 6MT.

222 Subaru WRX First Look: Every Bit Counts in the New-Gen Car

222 Subaru WRX First Ride: Still a White-Knuckle Machine

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Wow the looks are a bit...
    Let's just say Subaru might have been spreading that Wilderness aesthetic to models that don't really need it.
    looks a bit... EVO?

Good thing for this new WRX that they ditched the CVT for a more proper auto slushbox.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Mixed info coming in. Sa /r/subaru they're convinced the "GT" is still a CVT, but Motor Trend says it'll be a traditional automatic. I really hope it's a torque converter na.

But it's hella ugly lol. Rebrand na dapat nila to "WRXV"

This color is probably going to be the most popular

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Strange how the power didnt go up considering they added 20% more displacement.

Nevertheless looks good.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EQAddict; September 11th, 2021 at 12:02 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Strange how the power didnt go up considering they added 20% more displacement.

Nevertheless looks good.

It uses the same engine as the Outback XT and Ascent, the FA24. Wala naman big difference in output yung FA20 at FA24 in stock tune mode.

Maybe a bit of reflash will do the trick but the transmission is key. Yung CVT for turbo Subies is only rated up to 400Nm. The WRX S4 JDM has an FA20 rated to around 300hp but almost the same peak torque (350-400 Nm).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post

But it's hella ugly lol. Rebrand na dapat nila to "WRXV"
    The orange paint on the new WRX reminds me of the Subaru XV.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    The rear looks....

Its nice that they are offering a torque converter automatic instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    CVT pa din, at mas mabenta ang MT daw.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Its still a CVT if im not mistaken. Just a "sportier aNd stronger CVT" with better programming etc.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast