New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    BOSBs and newbies who want to join the club, the November Baguio Fun Run/4x4 basic intro is scheduled on November 28 (depart Manila 10-11 pm) up to December 1, 2008 (depart Baguio after lunch). This is a long weekend and you can bring your family (or special someone, sarap may kayakap dun, hehe) with you for a much needed rest and relaxation... with a little sight seeing and light off-roading session to be conducted by our resident 4x4 gurus. Please confirm your willingness to join this event. Also, please indicate if you will be bringing your strada and your family so that we can organize a car pool and finalize the rooms needed for our accommodation:

1. ThePatriarch + Strada (with wife Ting)
    2. arvin + pula
    Last edited by ThePatriarch; September 22nd, 2008 at 10:30 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    The Strada Club of the Philippines
    Baguio Fun Run / 4x4 Basic Intro EB
    November 28 - December 1, 2008

2. arvin + pula
    3. ianmitsulancer

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The Strada Club of the Philippines
    Baguio Fun Run / 4x4 Basic Intro EB
    November 28 - December 1, 2008

2. arvin + pula
    3. ianmitsulancer
    4. apollo_kafka and anna

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    To the organizers (Ian, G01):
    Kindly post daily sched here. Ngaun pa lang, baka magkasakit ako sa convention namin, sabay takas papunta baguio. hehe. Sigurado mas enjoy to kaysa makinig ng lecture.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    Kindly post daily sched here. Ngaun pa lang, baka magkasakit ako sa convention namin, sabay takas papunta baguio. hehe. Sigurado mas enjoy to kaysa makinig ng lecture.
    sir nasa private threads po natin yung complete itinerary natin for this trip. pwede naman palang "magkasakit" eh! hahaha tamang tama yan sir sa panahon ngayon kapanipaniwala! hahahaha

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemica View Post
    sir nasa private threads po natin yung complete itinerary natin for this trip. pwede naman palang "magkasakit" eh! hahaha tamang tama yan sir sa panahon ngayon kapanipaniwala! hahahaha
    hmmmm this reminds me of what i did a few months ago... hehehehe!

doc boz, you got pm. thanks

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003

Hehe. Nice strategy, sir Boz.

I will be going to Ambuklao Dam tomorrow to record the distance and time to get there. I will be taking the Itogon route that passes by the Binga Dam. Going back, I will take the road that leads straight to Baguio. The proposed trip to Ambuklao Dam will be a combination of light trailing and sight seeing. There are also areas along the route where offroad enthusiasts can play and test their 4x4 Stradas.

2 weeks ago I went to Mount Data Hotel. Halfway to the hotel is the Highest View Point view deck. Distance to the view deck from Baguio is 50 kilometers and takes 1 ½ hours to reach. Another 45 kilometers further north is the Mt. Data Hotel. Proposed trip to Mount Data will be a sight seeing tour.

Here are photos taken at the hotel:

A couple of videos of the Halsema Road taken by my wife on our way back to Baguio:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXEi3VlHOhg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXEi3VlHOhg[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXZCwPTYPPo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXZCwPTYPPo[/ame]

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by G01 View Post
    Hehe. Nice strategy, sir Boz.

I will be going to Ambuklao Dam tomorrow to record the distance and time to get there. I will be taking the Itogon route that passes by the Binga Dam. Going back, I will take the road that leads straight to Baguio. The proposed trip to Ambuklao Dam will be a combination of light trailing and sight seeing. There are also areas along the route where offroad enthusiasts can play and test their 4x4 Stradas.
    bro g01, can my 4x2 strada handle the light trailing?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Finally, I did my trip to Ambuklao Dam yesterday, with my dog hehe. Sir ThePatriarch, I was on 2WD all the way so no worries for 4x2 Stradas. The Itogon route is 46 kilometers from Baguio to Ambuklao Dam. Around 2 ½ hours travel time. The first 10 kilometers is paved road and the next 13 kilometers is mostly gravel and paved tire path. The rest of the road which is the Baguio-Ambuklao road is concreted. Water in both the Binga Dam and Ambuklao Dam is brown in color because of the recent typhoon.

My Dog:

Unpaved trail:

Binga Dam:

Ambuklao Dam Spillway:

Spillway:

Coming back I took the route that goes straight to Baguio with a total distance of 36 kilometers and took less than 1 ½ hours travel time.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Here is video of the trail that passes by the Binga Dam. The video ends at the Baguio-Ambuklao Road. 4x2 Stradas can handle the trail without a problem. 4x4 activities can be done at the Antamok Mines and the Adonot River.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-b8Ud6EM0w"]YouTube - Strada - Trip To Ambuklao Dam Via Itogon Part 1[/ame]

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
November Baguio Fun Run/4x4 Basic Intro EB