New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Need help. The 97 MB100 is running a replacement compressor (forgot what brand), mated to replacement evaporators.

I need to keep the cabin ice cold while idling under the noontime sun. Right now, it seems ok but could be better.

What are your suggestions?

Does using those blue film/laminated evaporators really help? Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Need help. The 97 MB100 is running a replacement compressor (forgot what brand), mated to replacement evaporators.

I need to keep the cabin ice cold while idling under the noontime sun. Right now, it seems ok but could be better.

What are your suggestions?

Does using those blue film/laminated evaporators really help? Thank you.
    ADD ka po ng additional evaporator (pang starex)... 17C lang naman ang pwedeng compressor ng MB100 wala nang iba... kaya ng 17C ang 3 evaporator.... dalawa na po ba ang condenser nyo? mb140 ko sir, 3 ang evaporator... be sure lang na magaling at hindi sa kanto lang natuto ang gagawa...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Saan ilalagay ang 3rd evaporator? Condenser ko alam ko yung nasa radiator lang. San po ilalagay ang additional?

Magkano po ang ganitong upgrade? Pwede naman po ako magpatulong sa inyo regarding aircon mods since magkalapit ata tayo ng lugar sir. Tandang Sora lang ako. We need cold air talaga. Cmc po ang mb ko. Yung walang thermostat control sa dash.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    dun sa gitna naman.. diba nasa likod yung 2nd evaporator...

TIP: dapat pag kinargahan ng refrigerant yung system by weight dapat at hindi yung by sight glass lang...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not too crazy about adding a second evaporator in the interior. I want to maintain the ceiling as clean looking as it is.

Will the second condenser thing work? Not sure how many condensers I have. The only one I see is the one in front of the radiator.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Not too crazy about adding a second evaporator in the interior. I want to maintain the ceiling as clean looking as it is.

Will the second condenser thing work? Not sure how many condensers I have. The only one I see is the one in front of the radiator.
    2nd condenser po will surely work... bali 3rd evaporator na po and clean looking din naman sir... may kunting idadagdag parang orig. pa din ang nakalagay.... pang starex ang pinadagdag ko.... magkano? hindi ko na po matandaan sir eh... medyo malaki ng kunti at yung addl. na evaporator nasa 5k na po plus addl. condenser pa... sakin po kasi importante eh malamig a.c. pero tama ang presyo... kung mb100 lang naman hindi na kailangan 3evaporator, sa dual condenser malamig na malamig na yan ... basta marunong at magaling lang ang gagawa...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas ok sana kung may picture sir.

We need to look factory installed and upfitted para ma-meet ang standards ko and ng company. Kaya pati yung carpenter na gagawa ng cabinets eh masakit ang ulo sa akin. hehe.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    These photos are brought to us by the generosity of sir Glenn showing the 3rd evaporator from a Hyundai Starex:

Sir, baka may photos din po ng added condensers? Padala niyo lang po sa akin. Surplus Starex evaporators are priced at Php5k from APIC Banawe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As per the advise of sir glenn manikis, I took the plunge today and left my van at his recommended shop for the dual condenser mod. I hope all goes well.

Sir glenn even personally took me to the shop and showed me the aircon of his mb140. Nice meeting you po and thank you so much.

Will update you of the outcome.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Aircon now blows cold. They did the following (although this may only be a partial list):
    *Cleaned front and rear a/c
    *Pull down condenser (clean and leak test)
    *Install sub condenser
    *Install manual thermostat

Some photos (did not document everything):
    Rear a/c cleaning

New sub condenser with fan. Located underneath second row seats on the left side. They would usually put this underneath the driver's footwell but the people at the shop anticipated that we might put in more emergency equipment up front so they took the extra effort to mount the sub condenser out of the way:

Manual thermostat located under the dash. The old 'automatic' thermostat kept cutting out the a/c at the even when it wasn't cold.

Jemson 'cleaned up' some of the other wiring that were affected by the dash removal but it wasn't anything major (just being O.C. on my part).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Tips to improve the MB100 aircon?