New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any feedbacks regarding their facilities, rooms, rates etc... things to watch out for? kahit ano, meron bang mas magandang room or bagong building na dapat i request, scheduled to have an operation there next weekend..... TIA

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    my mother was hospitalized last month. ok naman facilities. bago yung building so mga rooms bago din. medyo maliit lang compared dun sa dati.
    room rate, around 1.5k yung cheapest na private. available naman lahat ng details sa admitting.

things to watch out for...
    check mo maiigi yung billing. we were charged double on some procedures done to my mom. like yung 2d echo twice, yung cross matching ng blood 9x, eh 3 bags lang ginamit. etc. in our case 15k yung na reverse namin. buti nakakaintindi ng konti yun sister ko. pag binigay yung billing kasi, summary lang. humingi ka ng detailed.
    hth

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quite a few stays there already, unfortunately....

Good stuff:

Rooms - The basic rooms are adequate and comfortable. The restrooms are very nice, including shower. Try to get the rooms that are facing Ortigas and not Meralco/Corinthians, better view. I think a phone is standard.

Food - Not bad for hospital food, they serve 2 snacks along with 3 squares (unless there's a specific dietary need).

Public facilities - Love the fact that they have a food court, and not a canteen where you can get "normal" food at "normal" prices.

Business Center is available for computer/internet use. Not sure kung san specifically mga wifi hotspots.

Room rates are pretty standard vs. other major hospitals.

Admission and Releasing is fast, but that also depends on how well your HMO rep works hehe. Cashier stuff is organized due to number system, but as always, scrutinize your bill.

Speaking of bills, all floors have a kiosk where you can check your current running bill (exclusive of prof-fees).

That little open park and walkway between the main building and MATI is a refreshing break if you need fresh air.

SkyCable Gold - so at least you have a lot of stations to watch, especially if you crave for NBA hehe.

Quite a few pretty doctors and nurses haha.

Stuff that sucks:

Parking - Even if you're confined, you'll be paying full rates in parking... It really sucks, don't bother asking for validation, at most 10-20 lang ibabawas. Better to bring a driver or just commute. When my son was first hospitalized, I had to pay over 500 bucks in parking coz we stayed 2.5 days or so... When he had his operation (we stayed for 4 days ata), I parked the car in our shop sa Ortigas and I just walked back to Med City.

Some interns are not very well trained to do simple IVs or blood extractions, hehe, typical.

Elevators are WICKEDLY slow... At least the hospital wing has more elevators (6 sets, if I'm not mistaken + service), unlike the MATI (medical arts, where the clinics are), they only have 3 that are super slow (at least they're adding 2 more now).

Tip: If you or your family/friends plan to go to 2nd or 3rd floor, don't bother with the elevator. Take the main escalator instead and walk up a floor or two. The staircases are wide and well ventilated/lit anyway.

The foodcourt stores deliver to your room, as long as they're open, so will Starbucks.

- Cellphone signals are weak inside rooms, don't know why.

- There's a common ref in the middle of each floor, but I'm not sure if they're communal. I used it before since my son's medication required refridgeration, so they didn't bother me about it. If I'm not mistaken, there's a water dispenser and microwave as well.

- Oh, they inspect large baggages if you do bring one. They're merely checking for DVD players, XBOX/PS2s etc... Which aren't allowed.

ATMs are located in the MATI lobby and Lower ground of MATI building.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    dunno...me kakilala ako naconfine diyan, bilin ng doktor, pinagbawalan uminom ng kape.

ano ung sinerve sa breakfast? kape B)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They still serve you food naman even if you can't eat, it's for the "bantay"

When my wife was about to undergo CS, she's not supposed to eat din naman and the food was for me, ditto with my son's pre/post surgery meals.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Maliit ang rooms pero comfy. Yung bench sa room pwedeng na gawing higaan ng bantay. We stayed for 3 days 11K ang bill.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Facilities are new & top notch...

IQ and "Service" of the doctors & nurses are really really crappy...

Halos mamatay na erpat ko jan dahil sa kanilang misdiagnosis mabuti na lang magagaling ang mga Doctor sa St. Lukes....

PS. Hindi ko sila sinisiraan, talagang pag kinumpara mo service ng St. Lukes sa service nila sobrang bulok ng Medical City....

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    any feedbacks regarding their facilities, rooms, rates etc... things to watch out for? kahit ano, meron bang mas magandang room or bagong building na dapat i request, scheduled to have an operation there next weekend..... TIA
    for me its good, sa medical city. na-confine uncle ko presidential suite, its nice, room amenities, nurse full of smile. price? (ok na din) na-compare ko nga sila sa hospital na pinag-work ko. (ST. LUKE's MEDICAL CENTER) its good sabi ko. but in terms of MACHINES and other Modern machines ok dito sa amin...

lastly, naka-JCIA sila ngayon on process. ((JCIA - is a joint accrediated) parang ISO2006)). next week kami naman ang i-JCIA. hope pumasa....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how does hospital charge yun used of OR? is it based sa room na kukunin mo?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PS. Hindi ko sila sinisiraan, talagang pag kinumpara mo service ng St. Lukes sa service nila sobrang bulok ng Medical City....
    Hindi ba tiga-St. Luke's din yung doctor sa Medical City? :lol: Kasi yung ibang medical staff ng UST meron ding mga clinic diyan and vice versa.

Mahirap nang umasa sa iisang ospital nowadays.

And huwag mo naman lahatin. Departmental pa din ang health care. Kung medyo hindi magaling ang IM diyan. It doesn't mean na bulok din pati Neuro, Surgery, Pedia, etc. Magkakaiba naman ang tao diyan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
medical city questions