New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Which one is more reliable,
    - upper arm or wrist type?
    - battery powered or with adaptor?

I have no experience sa wrist type, nakita ko lang sa lazada na mas mura.

Yung gamit namin ngayon is the battery powered type. Minsan na-discharged yung battery so I had to borrow one which is the adaptor type. I used it for one week and was surprised na magkaiba ng reading, mas mababa ng mga 10 points yung adaptor type. When I went to the hospital parang mas malapit ang reading ng adaptor type.

May paraan ba para ma-calibrate yung reading? Medyo malaki din yung difference na +10 points

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Upper Arm is better than wrist. The wrist is more portable for travel.
    there should be no difference between battery or Adapter powered. as long as the batteries are full.
    i have no idea with regards to calibrating the unit, try calling the customer care of Omron for further info on this. or talk to people selling the omron monitor about it.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    don't use wrist bp monitor

upper arm far far more accurate

doesn't matter kung battery or adaptor

bp varies throughout the day depending on whether you're well-rested or tired, if you're stressed or relaxed

kung nagpa-bp ka sa hospital and the reading is different from the electronic bp at home, that doesn't mean it's not accurate

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Anyone using this model? HEM-7361T

The OMRON HEM 7361T measures and detects high blood pressure and AFIB at the same time. This allows users to have a comprehensive check for their risk of stroke with one device, in one sitting. Designed with families in mind, the dual user function allows for the storage and transmission of measurement data of 2 separate users to their smartphones. With the Bluetooth enabled feature of the OMRON HEM-7361T, you can now seamlessly sync your daily health data to your OMRON Connect profile for a better overview of your health, not just for you, but for your doctor as well via email. OMRON Blood Pressure Monitors are most trusted by Doctors for their heart health monitoring as OMRON Blood Pressure Monitors have be clinically validated and meet the highest standards of precision and reliability from trusted organisations such as Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation Standard (AAMI) and European Society for Hypertension (ESH).
    Looks like one of their top models. I just wonder if the extra features are worth it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bought a wrist type BP monitor, sobra erratic ng reading. Better stick with upper arm type.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Bought a wrist type BP monitor, sobra erratic ng reading. Better stick with upper arm type.
    pag wrist ginagawa ko nilalagay ko sa puso instead of naka bend ang arm sa table

tapos repeat ko hanggang 3 times

ignore the far out reading believe the 2 readings na halos magkapareho

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Thanks boybi. This is an upper arm model naman.

Just wondering if that AFIB detector really works. Medyo mahal compared to the other models.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    wonder how a bp monitor can differentiate irregular heart rate na non-afib sa irregular heart rate na afib

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    wonder how a bp monitor can differentiate irregular heart rate na non-afib sa irregular heart rate na afib
    Meron din akong BP monitor na Omron saying that I got irregular heartbeat before. Went to see a cardiologist and got an ECG...result was normal.
    Pero feeling ko parang meron talaga without those instruments, ewan ko ba bakit nagkaganon? Maybe another hypochondriac here OMRON Blood Pressure Monitor

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    There's literature about this but the ones I found are pretty old already. 2012 pa. Hopefully someone who works in healthcare equipment here can chime in.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast