New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012

Jake Ellenberger (27 - 6 - 0) vs Jay Hieron (23 - 5 - 0)

Dennis Siver (20 - 8 - 0) vs Eddie Yagin (16 - 5 - 1)

Thiago Tavares (17 - 4 - 1) vs Dennis Hallman (51 - 14 - 2)

Thiago Tavares (17 - 4 - 1) vs Dennis Hallman (51 - 14 - 2)

John Lineker (19 - 6 - 0) vs Yasuhiro Urushitani (19 - 5 - 6)

Danny Castillo (14 - 4 - 0) vs Michael Johnson (11 - 6 - 0)

Takeya Mizugaki (15 - 7 - 2) vs Jeff Hougland (10 - 5 - 0)

Tim Means (18 - 3 - 1) vs Abel Trujillo (9 - 4 - 0)

Henry Martinez (9 - 2 - 0) vs Daron Cruickshank (11 - 2 - 0)

Shane Roller (11 - 6 - 0) vs Jacob Volkmann (14 - 3 - 0)

Charlie Brenneman (15 - 4 - 0) vs Kyle Noke (19 - 6 - 1)

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012

Guys, Support Eddie "The Filipino Phenom" Yagin vs Denis Siver.. hehe another Pinoy in the UFC.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    UFC 151 card is canceled after an injury to Dan Henderson forces him from the September 1st main event...

After a knee injury suffered by number one light heavyweight contender Dan Henderson has forced him from September 1st’s UFC 151 main event against champion Jon Jones, the event at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas has been canceled.

UFC president Dana White made the announcement on Thursday during a media teleconference.

“This is probably one of my all-time lows as president of the UFC over the last 11 years,” said White. “For the first time in 11 years, we’re going to cancel an event. Dan Henderson has a partial tear in his MCL and couldn’t continue. He tried to train and tried to continue to work out, he saw doctors and there was nothing we could do to save that fight.”

Said Henderson in a statement, “Sadly and unfortunately, I partially tore a ligament in my knee in training. As a result I've had to make one of the toughest decisions that I have ever had to make...for the first time in my career I am forced to pull out of a fight, my fight with Jon Jones at UFC 151. Luckily, surgery is not needed at this time and I will be completely devoted to rehabbing my knee as quickly as possible. I feel that I owe it to my fans and all the people supporting me to fight at my full potential in order to give myself a chance to win the UFC title. I appreciate the loyal support that I have felt from my fans. I want to thank all of my coaches and team of guys for the great support with my training camp. Most importantly, I appreciate their honesty when I needed them the most to make this very difficult decision. I also want to thank Dana and Lorenzo for being so understanding and supportive. I will continue to pursue the UFC belt with all of my heart!”

With Henderson out, White tried to salvage the event before making the decision to pull the plug on the 11 fight card, with one particular loquacious contender willing to step up and take the bout with the youngest champion in UFC history.

“One of the things you’ve heard me brag about a million times is how UFC doesn’t have to cancel events and that we can always find a replacement,” he said. “For somebody to fight Jon Jones on eight days’ notice is tough to do. But to be totally honest, one guy did. Not only when I called him did he say I’ll take the fight, he said I’ll fly to Las Vegas tonight and fight him. And that was Chael Sonnen. Chael Sonnen accepted the fight with Jon Jones, wanted the fight bad, so as of eight, nine o’clock last night, we had a fight. We started working, started creating commercials, PR started getting ready to crank up, but the one thing that I never thought in a million years would happen happened. Jon Jones said I’m not fighting Chael Sonnen with eight days notice.”

If the fight was going to happen, it would have been Sonnen’s first at 205 pounds in the UFC since 2005, but that didn’t deter the self-proclaimed “Gangster from West Linn,” who has poking at Jones on Twitter since moving back to light heavyweight.

“These guys have been talking smack back and forth to each other and I thought it was a fight that people would be interested in, and Chael was the guy who accepted it,” said White. “And Chael was pumped and excited for this fight. In the heat of the moment, when things are going down, this is the guy that you pick up the phone and call, and he will fight anybody.”

White, obviously disappointed at Jones’ decision to not accept the bout, scrapped the UFC 151 card and has moved “Bones” to September 22nd’s UFC 152 show in Toronto, where he will face Lyoto Machida, who is fresh off a spectacular knockout win over Ryan Bader earlier this month. This bout will now be the Toronto main event, joining the UFC’s first ever flyweight championship fight between Joseph Benavidez and Demetrious Johnson.

Ticket holders for UFC 151 can obtain refunds at their place of purchase. As for the rest of the fighters on the September 1st card, White said “I don’t know what the fallout’s gonna be from this thing for the undercard, but we’ll figure it out.”

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Sh*t happens! I'm sure this will not dampen UFC's popularity.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Sh*t happens! I'm sure this will not dampen UFC's popularity.
    it will not, but it already affected JBJ's popularity. he denied a sure win fight against chael and another guy coming up from middleweight to light heavy just to fight him. imagine wala na ngang training yung 2 na ipapalit kay hendo tapos 8 days lang ang natitira para mag prepare si chael umayaw pa si jbj. it's a sure win for jbj and there is no reason for him to deny that fight. dahil sa ginawa niyang yan dami tuloy affected. imagine all the non refundable flight tickets, yung mga nag leave sa work just to watch the fight at yung mga under card na nag prepare ng ilan buwan for that event at mga ginastos nila to train. dami tuloy galit kay jbj ngayon. tingnan mo sa ibang forum talagang minumura siya.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    double post...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    badtrip tlga un.. Di mo alam kung Takot oh sobrang laki nlang tlaga ng Ulo niya.. sna matalo siya kay Machida.. ung mga undercard sa event san sila isisingit eh hanggang december ata nkasked na mga laban..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    blame goes to bones' coach greg jackson!

“Again, something that's never happened in UFC history. A guy that's a world champion and considered one of the pound-for-pound best turns down a fight,” said an exasperated White.

“How about this? He says I gotta sit down and talk to my coaches. His coach, Greg Jackson, says there is no way you take this fight. You don't take this fight on eight days notice. It would be the biggest mistake of your entire career.

“Wow! Chael Sonnen is a 185-pounder, who wants to move up to 205, who hasn't trained for this fight. The fight is in eight days, and he says he'll fly here tonight to fight the supposed pound-for-pound third best fighter in the world, the world champion, and you have so much… I mean, how much faith do you have in your champion, in your guy?”
    Greg Jackson Responds to Dana White's Criticism (UFC 151 Cancelled)

sonnen's da man

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    They tried to make the Machida fight for UFC 151, but Machida was already en route to Brazil. White said he could accept that.
    What he couldn’t seem to accept was Jackson telling Jones that it wasn’t a smart idea to take a fight with Sonnen just eight days away from the event.
    “I'll go on the record saying, this guy is a (expletive) sport killer!” White said of Jackson. “This guy is from another planet. I've never even seen anything like it in my life.”
    He is no more enamored by his current 205-pound champion.
    “Good for you Jon Jones; you’re rich and you’ve got some money. You don’t need to take this fight, but there’s are a bunch of guys on the undercard that this is how they feed their family. This is how they make their living,” stated White.
    “This is one of those disgusting decisions that doesn't just effect you. You just affected 16 other people's lives. I don't think this is a decision that is going to make Jon Jones popular with the fans, sponsors, cable distributors, television network executives, or other fighters.”
    At the time he counseled Jones, Jackson was unaware that the cancellation of one fight would lead to the cancellation of the entire event. In the end, however, he probably wouldn’t have told him anything different had he known.
    “I don't think I would've changed my opinion about it,” he told MMAWeekly.com. “That still doesn't sound like a good idea at all.
    “I was giving my opinion on if that was a good fight or not. Sonnen is no joke. He's a great, great fighter.”
    Very True.. yung mga nsa undercard ang tlagang maapektuhan..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Things got a little more crazy in the MMA world: Machida turns down the fight with Jones, it's now Jones v. Belfort on UFC 152!

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
Ultimate Fighting Championship