New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Lately, for some reason, I have this desire to own and use a typewriter again (our old Imperial vanished from the backyard). It brings back memories of sleepless nights doing assignments back in High school for one.

What can you recommend and where can I find one in Metro Manila?

1. If possible, I want something with a different font from the common typewriter. Is there such thing? If possible, I want a font that is clean and easily readable.

2. Smallest and lightest as much as possible.

3. Preferably easy to maintain and use with readily available parts.

4. Manual, I have a computer with a laser and an inkjet so I don't think I need an electric typewriter. You may convince me otherwise.

5. Good price (or mura lang). hehe.

I'll use it to write, print checks (Anyone know why there is no check printer?). I want to hear that sweet sound of the typebars pounding on the paper once in a while.

Thanks in advance.

^

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    try evangelista street in quiapo. there are a couple of shops selling typewriters there. they are on the left side of the street after the intersection with raon going towards the direction of isetann.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    afaik, there is such thing as check (cheque) printers. but i think these printers are practical only for big offices, those that issue a lot of checks.

OT: When you say Binondo, what streets are included? Ongpin, etc???

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Check sulit.com.ph. I remember seeing an Underwood manual typewriter (circa 1900's) for sale there and Smith-Corona typewriter.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Man, I love typewriters. Nothing quite like the feel of keys bouncing back against your fingers. Good for building typing speed and accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    afaik, there is such thing as check (cheque) printers. but i think these printers are practical only for big offices, those that issue a lot of checks.

OT: When you say Binondo, what streets are included? Ongpin, etc???
    Our company uses one. Neat thing that. Very handy for filling out lots of checks at one time, legibility is assured, and you don't have to fiddle with the spacing and placement like you do on a typewriter.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Used to play these in our office when i was a kid and i really liked those caps lock key.. Brands i know are Olympia and Triump Adler..naks nalala kopa..hehe.. Been seing these together with office equipment like steel cabinets along Evangelista, Quiapo(near Recto) and Nueva St., near Ongpin, Binondo-parallel of Quintin Paredes

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    the best is magtanong ka sa mga goverment office kung saan sila bumubili nito

til now typewritter parin gamit nila specially sa mga police precint

:bwahaha:

pero we still have one today for filling up birth certs, death certs etc ....

naalala ko nung bata pa ako dalawang keys ang sabay ko napipindot resulting in a jamed printer :bwahaha:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    nico: Saw the underwood. It's massive. looks nice though. Ideal for an antique-themed study room/residential library. Thanks

Niky: my bad, meron palang check printer. Would u mind sharing the brand/model? I don't really need it because i'm not yet at the point that I'm issuing a hundred checks a week. It's just nice to have if ever. hehe.

Tried feeding checks in my laser but for some reason it duplicates the MICR codes. Im still finding out why or how but im still clueless.

jatcos: thanks

sq: try mo lang. hehe.

----------------

Before, I saw a really really really small typewriter. Siguro mga kasing laki lang ng notebook (typical cuaderno) if longer siguro konting-konti lang. As in ang liit. Mahal kaya yun? and is it easy to maintain and use?

---------------

Thanks everyone.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    This reminds me when my then 8-year old son saw an electric typewriter for the first time in his whole life. He pointed at it and said, "Hey that is a funny looking computer. How come it has no screen?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Typewriters